1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Drifting with the day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Oct 6, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

It is gloomy and a bit chilly morning. Not a bright day to wake up to especially when it is my day-off. I force myself to get up and brush my teeth while hubby has already poured me a cuppa. Now that will surely brighten my day! By the time hubby is ready to leave to work, the sky has cleared without a trace of cloud and there I see the sun shining in all its glory and spreading the warmth and love so generously. I tell myself that I can not waste this opportunity. Quickly I grab a chair, open the door and sit down with spine straight and facing right into the sunlight with head held high. A few long deep breaths and I begin to settle down. A blissful few minutes of feeling the warmth from the sun. I close my eyes and try to have no thoughts in my mind. The orange colour that I see through my closed eyes is getting brighter and brighter as the sun gets warmer.

I wish that time stops and drags for a bit more long as I do not want to let that moment go past. 15 minutes in the sun to sit and be in the moment and feel the energy being filled inside of me. I have been following this routine only lately, more so because I have found out recently that I am low in Vitamin D! They recommend just 15 minutes a day in the sun at the right time, should help with our deficiency. Although I am on supplements for Vitamin D at the moment, on days when I am home, I like to take the opportunity to soak myself in the morning and/or evening sun as much as I can. This has also become convenient to meditate and to try and free my mind of any thoughts for those few minutes. I think I will struggle but I prove myself wrong.

I have been reading the book THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI by ROBIN SHARMA for the second time. I seem more receptive to the messages that are coming out of the book this time around. It is a fantastic read to tell you the truth. I was planning on sitting with a highlighter to mark through some inspiring lines on the book. But the entire book will end up with highlights because every page is filled with valuable advice to live our lives better. I have fallen in love with the book and will read it again for the third time. It is sure to have a different impact on me every time I read. I don't feel that jotting down some pointers and hoping to follow them later will help me. I need to be reading the book and following the tips at the same time. It's like following a recipe and making the dish at the same time. If I leave it for another day, that will never come. While I sat basking in the sun a little earlier, this book came to my mind several times. The more I read the book, the better I will appreciate and understand the finer points.

It is 12:30 p.m. now and I sit on the couch with my lunch. As I munch away it occurs to me on how important food has become in our lives. Some of us have turned the phrase EAT TO LIVE into LIVE TO EAT. I don't understand why it is such a big issue to just grab something on the way when one is going out?? Pack food and go - this is what I have seen with my family. Yes I understand the reasons behind it but imagine all the extra work that needs to go into getting all that organised?? It is supposed to be time-out from those duties. And then it can't be just a plain curd rice. All the other accompaniments must be there. OK I understand if there are people with specific needs and is not allowed to have it any other way but I don't understand those who DON'T WANT it any other way. It is our fault that we have turned them into such people. We have spoilt them.

The thought makes me go grrrrrrrrrr with anger and the sky growls back at me. It becomes overcast. I have been hearing the dog next door going crazy for sometime and barking continuously. I think to myself that possibly there will be thunder/lightning soon because I have noticed this behaviour in my neighbour's dog a few times earlier just before it begins to rain heavily. It actually begins to pour heavily in a few minutes and the sky becomes flawlessly dark grey in colour and is adorned with bright strokes of lightning and the roaring noise of thunder. The mood suddenly turns romantic and my mind begins to wander...........

A car stops outside the house and somebody gets off the car and walks towards the door. She sees him with her longing eyes through the window and begins to run towards the door. But something stops her and she walks casually to the door to greet him. They have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. She can't believe that he is here and at the same time she is thrilled to have him here. They exchange a smile while she wonders if he can hear her heart pounding. He walks into the house. After a few formal exchanges their eyes begin to speak the unspoken lines.

She feels a chill just like a breeze before the rain during Spring. Everything is quiet around them, except for a dog next door who seems to have lost its marbles. He gently pulls her into his arms and plants a soft kiss on her lips. His touch feels as warm as the sun on her skin. His fingers send a tingle through her and she blushes. Suddenly she feels all the tightness in her vanish. She begins to feel light and clings around his neck. Emotion takes over and just as the tears begin to roll down from her eyes, the sky opens and it pours down heavily. The land has been getting dry due to the lack of rains recently and the smell of earth as it soaked the rain is filling their senses. It seems like both can't get enough of each other and they drift into a beautiful world where time is an unknown commodity.

A strange ringing of a bell startles me. It is the phone ringing. I pick up the handset and the voice at the other end says, "Could I speak to.........." Strangely enough I see both of them walking hand in hand towards the door. With a brief glance towards her and a kiss, he walks out of the door. The rain has stopped and sky has cleared. The birds are chirping now and she walks back looking as fresh as the leaves on the trees after a rain. But what is more strange is that she looks exactly like me!!!!

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow....very nice...I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog...You have narrated it so well...Thanks a lot for sharing :)

I have too read thebook The monk who sold his ferrari...It was an amazing read...Thanks for reminding me...I will try to read that book again...

3. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

it was good read...but i am like one of those people who have to see movies like sliding doors twice to understand the movie...so yeah...i was confused...but its a lovley write up...

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Ice
    Thank you very much for that. It does mean a lot to me at this point. The book is fantastic and yes please do read it again.

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Jyothigandham
    Apologies for making you confused. Although I need to admit that it was my intention to make the readers a bit unsure... Nice cover up! :). I have renamed the title and hoping it will make some sense now. This is just an account of my thoughts and action in a day of my life(yesterday to be precise) added with some writer's liberty :) in expressing. Thank you for appreciating it.

6. Meera34

Meera34 New IL'ite

knot2share, I loved reading this post and your depiction of how our minds fluidly drift from one thought to another. Loved the writing, the metaphors, and look forward to reading more of your posts!

7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Meera34, Thank you very very much for appreciating. Honestly it feels very nice to see your comment early in the morning. It has kinda given me a nice pat on my back. Nice of you to visit and spend some time on my experiments. Take care!