1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing to look plesant for day-to-day activities

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by aamini, Nov 27, 2015.

1. aamini

aamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi all:
    I work from home. I can put myself in house wife category and want to understand how do they manage to be pleasant throughout the day. Please do not mistake for pointing housewife. Basically office goers anyways will be in good dress, they will do their outside work either on the way to office or on the way returning back home. I know most of us prefer wearing most comfortable dress track pants,nighties or old salwar kameez at home. But I need to often go out like for dropping kid to school bus or walk a bit for veggies etc. If I wear good office going type salwar kameez I will make it old by washing often. I cannot keep them without washing for long time also so I need to repeat it number of times within a week and then wash. One more issue for me is I sweat more so cant keep it back in almirah without washing. And I end up wearing house wearing dress only nearby shops and going down for pickingup/dropping kid. I wanted to look plesant all time. I know I am beating around bush. I just want to know how you maintain to look neat and pleasant and maintain your dresses also. I see some house wives looks clean and fresh always. Request you to share how you manage this and share some tips ...

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aamini,
    True.
    Wearing comfotable clothes like pjs, salwars or nighties while doing the chores and then changing to a neat salwar /patiala/leggings kurti helps. I keep a separate set of mix and match kurtis, patialas, leggings...without embelishments like beads etc and change to that after finishing the morning round of chores- cottons are best and endure all the washing. After six months or an year I give away those clothes if they are wearable or recycle them for dusting, hot pads etc etc.
    Hope it helps

1 person likes this.
  3. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

May be for a time span you can wear a good dress like office wear. e.g. after your chores finish, till the time you pick up you child.