1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dresses for summer

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by skjyoti, Feb 20, 2010.

1. skjyoti

skjyoti Junior IL'ite

Ok.
    And what should i wear at home? My inlaws are very traditional. They stay in village. But whenever we go to village, we have to wear saree always. In such family what should i wear?

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i think when u visit ur inlaws wear whatever pleases them.but while sleeping u can change into gown.i guess u can discuss with mil about wearing suit(shirt-salwar)many a times old people change views with time & may be open to new ideas.
    while away from in laws u can try the other options mentined by me & others .
    pragati

3. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

You should wear anything loose that you are comfortable in wearing of cotton.

In my office most of the gals and ladies wear tshirts, skirts, punjabi suits. Since AC is on most of the time they bring their sweaters also but in the morning when they leave from office due to lot of heat problems do come.

So wear anything loose that you feel comfortable and always keep a deo in your purse. It really helps you a lot in public places.

4. lima

lima New IL'ite

Hi,

I think light cotton salwar kameez is the best option for you in all aspects (school, home and out side). For you daughter it might be ligh cotton skirt, frock, salwar suits etc.

When you go to village you wear saree at your MIL's place. But at your house you can wear modest light cotton salwar with full sleeved kameez when your MIL will be at your house. I think your MIL won't mind at your place. Also take a look that your daughter wearing modest out fits in from of her grand ma.

My MIL wear salwar kameez. I wear mostly salwar kameez (lighter mostly white salwar bottom at summer). My MIL won't mind when I wear western dresses.

Love

Lima

5. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I would prefer skirts and tops for summer.

6. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

In my opinion Kota Sarees (cotton or monga kota) are the best for summer in India.
    And regarding cotton dresses I prefer bandini print dresses or handloom dresses are the best

7. ramamahadev

ramamahadev New IL'ite

It is cool to wear skirts and tops; very very comfortable; We get it in different lengths and varieties to suit almost everyone;

Salwar is good option since it suits everyone and looks very decent

Rama

8. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

I think light cotton salwar suit would be the right choice for school as well as at home.

Love

Rita