1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamz unlimited

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, May 1, 2010.

1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

I had a good laugh reading about your dreams, Mindi. :rotflThis is my favorite topic, you know.

Gosh, if I write about my dreams it will probably be 10 pages long....I get all kinds of dreams, good, bad, weird, strange dreams and boy, I do remember each and every detail of my dream. Sometimes I dream almost like something out of the movie like"Lord of the Rings". I get like 2 or 3 dreams in one night...can you believe it and it has happened with me so many times (which is really unbelievable for some) that I dream in continuation on the next night. I dream today and it gets continued the same dream the next night...freaky, no?

Sometimes I get crazy dreams like I am a detective on a mission, taking flight etc etc..probably influenced early on by Nancy Drew books, when I was a teenager I used to read that a lot.

Super stars, oh yeah, I get sometimes my favorite George Cloony and Depp.....drool...okay stop Jaya you are day dreaming now..:biglaugh

But you know when you say you have bad dreams, I did hear that if you dream bad then its the opposite effect in real life..that means, what happens will be good. Good, because I get so many times dream about dying or something like that...

Good on from you, Mindi. Had a good laugh.

Love
    Jaya

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,
    Dreams...I like dreams, if at all it is pleasant :)
    I had mixed dreams...but as of now, I still get the dream like, I am going late for the exams or I didn't study well for it and the like..(maybe it is showing my immaturity in the lesson of life..:hide:)..
    When in my school and college years, I used to get the dream that I failed in that exam only to see the truth, I had really passed it..if I didn't get the dream of me failing, after the exams..:biglaughI fear for the results...but don't think, I am the only one had this thought. I was surprised to hear it from my cousin too..the same fear..haha.

I haven't died once in my dream, but have seen many die..:-(

sriniketan

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear ganges,

you were not here for sometime? good to see you back.:) in my case i am really happy that formal studies are over as i was always tense during exams.no regrets,i completed my CA after my marriage and it was all the more difficult.so really glad ,that the studying phase is over.
    ohhh but so sad that you are not able to have the darshan of the deity in the temple.i wonder what it could mean.Anyway heres wishing you ONLY happy dreams from now on.:)

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear radhika,

yesSSSS after being Rajnikanths neighbour, next step would have to be SRK's partner only :rotfl:rotfl

You are one best heluva of writer, filling your experience with humour and making us laugh aloud.

dear rads i will really treasure that compliment,thank you.

Next time when you miss the train, i will SMS SRK to go and give you a hand:rotfllike DDLJ,

yes, after years of dreaming that i am missing the train one day i have to get it,no? and that day will surely have raj of DDLJ inside.See, what an optimist I am :biglaugh

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mindi....
    I don't know how many times I wake up in the morning and clearly remember the most stupid wierd dream I had and the minute I start to relate the same to my DH or son somehow are the main details just vanish from my memory and am left with an empty shell... I know I dream of impossible events and happenings but somehow they escape my memory....:bonk
    Maybe we all should shift over to a night cap of scotch like cheeniya and then fantasize about XXXXX?????:hide:OOPS!!!
    K
    p.s. we had an IL meet lat saturday in Bangalore and Lalitha mentioned that you would be coming to Bangalore sometime in July / Aug? hope to meet you then... SWEET DREAMS TILL THEN!!!!
    K

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear balajee,

my grouse is that I seem to remember only these nightmares? of course i must be having some pleasant ones too,no? you know what? you are quite right about me having an overdose of horror,suspense,mystery movies. Will now focus only on romance and comedies :biglaugh

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jaya,

you are one fun person,looks like.:thumbsup.

whoever heard of dreams continuing the next day :rotfl :rotfl some serial or what, that comes in episodes for you ?

I was wondering if you really sleep ...what with 2- 3 dreams at night.And george clooney??? nice classy dreams I must say :)

thanks for making the thread more lively.

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hi Mindi

Just the word Lizard has actually stopped me from reading Sri uncle's Trilogy. They give me the eeeeekss and eeeeeeewwws. I can somehow imagine them crawling on me and how that feels on my skin..yuck!

Dreaming is never complicated and really would be so nice if life were to follow the patterns of our dreams. Everything goes so smoothly and no dramas. Its as though somebody already knows what is to follow and have made way for it to come through.....mmm....Well very similar to life but only thing is it may not be as "smooth" as we call it in our dreams.

I don't remember most of them but of the ones that I remember so vividly (sometimes in black and white or sometimes in colour), I dare not say a word about a few. It will give a totally different perspective of what people think I am. But strangely enough there is one that I remember where I find myself running for a very long time but I am still in the same place! And I am not sure if this is the right explanation but let me try it - I have dreamt many many times of me in a conversation with dunno who, but my voice keeps alternating between talking in super slow pace and fast pace from under the water! It sounds all bubbly. And here is the scariest which I always have when I try to have a snooze in the afternoons. As I am just slipping into deep sleep, it feels as though I am sinking into a deep dark hole with that funny feeling in your tummy and throat during the downward flight on a giant wheel or some similar ride and I wake up immediately looking startled and heart pounding fast. I try to go back to sleep again and the same happens without fail. With that my afternoon nap is over!

Never have I dreamt of charming men from the silver screen....

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear srini,

who doesn't like happy dreams? srini, tell me?

another one with the exams?:cheers i can imagine.. you must be somewhat like me studying a lot but unsure till the last minute.:bonk

I haven't died once in my dream, but have seen many die..:-(

really smart :thumbsup :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear K,

thats really sad ..not remembering your exotic dreams,I mean .if you cannot talk , brag and laugh about it the next day there is no use having such dreams hahahah

Maybe we all should shift over to a night cap of scotch like cheeniya and then fantasize about XXXXX?????:
    Now, Thats an idea !!!!

i did read about your meet,kerman.what an unusual and pretty name you have .Yes I am planning to be in Bangalore maybe Aug first week and would surely love to meet you.an architect? wow ! yours must be a really creative and interesting job,no?:)