Dreams in Reality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by justlife, Jan 12, 2012.

1. justlife

justlife Silver IL'ite

Hello readers,

Just curious to know, has anyone been in a situation where your dreams actually play out in front of you? Recently in the past year it has happened to me multiple times, and I am not sure how and why?

My dreams don't come into reality exactly as I see them, but the gist is the same, it includes the same people and the end affect is the same. I am now almost scared by my dreams because now I do not know which one will come true.

Anyone out there in similar situation?? any comments suggestions??

2. justlife

justlife Silver IL'ite

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear...you are not alone.

I remember many years ago, when I was in my teens...I saw a dream in which my dadaji was talking to me about his experiances in life and made a statement that he was telling me all this as he may not get another chance.

Incidently, a few weeks later, he had travelled for a wedding in the family and he passed away.

Many a times, I come across situations where I feel I have seen them before..I mean a sense if deja vu.. then I recollect that scene as seen in my dream.

I have come across many such stories from differnt people. Guess it depends upon the state of our mind or maybe just coincidences...

4. justlife

justlife Silver IL'ite

Yes but this is not deja vu, this is an actual dream, that is usually out of the ordinary, so I tell my husband or my close friends what I saw and then within a few days it actually happens. Needless to say these are not happy dreams and hence scare me.

Sometimes not knowing the future is better, or I just need to learn to understand them, because these are possibly a mechanism to alert me of dangers ahead, because I have recently gone through a very bad emotional experience, and these have started after that.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Why dont you get in touch with a counseller with whom you can express your thoughts or probably any fears that you may be having but cant discuss it with family? At times, speaking to a third person helps as within the family, such issues might be ridiculed or made fun of. It's just a suggestion...

6. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

may be you are clairvoyant or have strong premonitions . Mediation can help. You can also keep a pen and pad near you and write down what ou saw before it fades from your memory. It may help in finding more details

7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Day before yesterday night's dream: I got a scratch mark on my new car. Was grouching about the same(in the dream).

Yesterday evening: While reversing into the apartment parking slot, i managed to get a scratch(not as big as i dreamnt) but still.....

These are rare, scaring, puzzling moments in life, but we get carried on with the usual routines and tend to forget.

8. aameenlaura29

aameenlaura29 New IL'ite

No, it does not happens wid my dreams. :bowdown

9. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hmmm...glad to know others like me...yup...these are not dreams they fortell the future to some extent..years back, it used to happen more with me...minor incidences I was okay with coping up.....but at one point, I got a thought, when fully awake, I was just about to start with lunch, that I was goign to hear about someone's death in the next three days.....god only knows how I spent the three days thinking about who it could be...the third day evening...nothing happend still and I was cursing myself how such a stupid thought even entered my mind....thats when I received a messg that one of my friends had died in an accident.... I guess some of us are very much attuned to their immediate environment and any changes in that environment is somewhere registered in our minds...which come out in the form of thoughts/dreams.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Count on me as well.... I too had similar dreams when I was all alone in Sudan... But now, I dont dream much.. May be I dont have time to dream at nights as my sleeps are always disturbed with my little one.

Those days there were 2 dreams that scared me and happened in real life immediately...

01) I had a dream about a tornado in my area (where my parents were residing), and one of my neighbors house gets completely destroyed by that. It was like one huge coconut tree falls in the middle of that house.
    In the same week, a tornado affected our area and my neighbors house got damaged though I didnt see the damage directly as I was in Sudan then.

02) During almost the same time, I had another dream, where one of my very good friend's wife gave birth to a baby boy (that time they didnt even know the gender of the baby) and when I was going to play with the little one, i notice that the baby is dead. I scream and call everyone to come and see the baby...
    After a few days, my mom called me to convey the message that my friend's wife delivered a baby boy, and the boy could not survive as he died immediately after the birth as it was a complected vaginal birth. I was like huuuuuuuhhhh so feared about my dreams.

Later I had so many dreams those were not nice, but thank god, they never happened in real life.

1 person likes this.