1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Mohur, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Check out my Review of A Knowing Look and Other Stories by Rebecca Emin
    Check out my Review of New Beginnings by Rebecca Emin

Charlotte aka Charlie is a complete tomboy. It may have been because she had been best friends with Toby and Max since her childhood. She loves riding her bike with them. Then she meets Allie and realizes that boys mean something else to her newest friend. Life for this thirteen year old, is simple and exactly what it should be for a teenager. Complications rise only when her aunt falls sick and she starts having extremely vivid dreams.

The plot is simple and uncomplicated – well mostly so. It effectively revolves around its protagonist Charlie and her three friends. The teenagers are captured at their truest forms and their life oddly real. The essence of pure friendships formed and adolescent romance has been captured through printed words in a way that actually manages to paint a beautiful picture in the reader’s minds. As a result the characters themselves seemed very true to life. I loved Charlie and her innocence. Her interactions with her friends and parents and her way of dealing with things that she doesn’t quite understand completely kept me mesmerized throughout the book.

This is my third time experiencing Ms. Emin’s work and I have absolutely enjoyed her consistency in producing simple storyline with simple characters and presenting them in a heart touching manner. The purity of the characters is clearly a common thread between New Beginnings and Dreams Come true and certainly the USP of Ms.Emin’s work.

It took me about an hour to read this book and I consider it an hour well spent. A light read that reminded me that innocence can still be preserved.