Dreams about snakes particularly 5 headed snakes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by gmanjunathbe, Sep 7, 2011.

1. gmanjunathbe

gmanjunathbe New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Need your inputs....

My Wife is pregnant and she is lately getting dreams of snakes from past few days. even dreamt of five to six headed snake on Tuesday (Early morning). she saw that going in the water. dreamt like she was searching for snake every where in water and finally she saw that on a sofa. she was very afraid in the dream. not sure if this is a good sign or bad and if its bad what should we do.. please suggest

Thanks,
    Manjunath

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manjunath....

DO you have any pending poojas for snake god?...i mean something that you had prayed few years back for snake god to make some wish come true like you ll do some poojas,visit some temples if that wish comes true but not have fulfilled your promise till now??..maybe even someone from your parents or her parents side too could have done like that...check with them and incase they have some pending poojas to perform,please do it...dont wait especially when your wife is pregnant
    My neighbours recently got few signs like snake hiss near their bedroom since few months during night time and they remembered their pending poojas and went and performed it..after tht they dint hear...

Also in case you have belief in astrology,check both of your kundali with some good astrologer and ask whether there are any issues with snake or something needs to be done at this time

IF both the above are fine...then you both go to a snake god temple and you yourself do some archana for the snake god and pray for your wife and the kid...if possible ask the priest there regarding the solution for such dreams like whether any pooja is required...

If you have faith in all these,you can follow...

Coming to the other side..i mean out of all godly approach...did your wife see any scary movies?!!! or some TV shows ..something related to snakes or anything that talks about snakes/reptiles...if so, its better to avoid such movies..also ask her whether during day time she is thinking about such creatures....because such things get registered in the mind and would appear as dreams...

Dont worry.....you be cool and also tell your wife not to worry...all the best

3. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Hi Manjunath,

Such dreams during pregnancy is common. I am pregnant and during first trimester, i used to get wierd dreams. Please do not worry. well if you tell these things to elders, they will come up with so many stories about doing some Pooja in India. let your wife be calm and sleep well. i used to sleep a lot during first trimester... nothing to worry abt it...

4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Generally, in psychoanalysis, they say Snake in dream is result of Sexual desire or Sexual tension .....in our cultures, Snake is fertility symbol.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Apart from what our ladies here have suggested, I have one more suggestion. If she is into watching any suspense thrillers or anything to do with horror movies etc, ask her to avoid it. Not sure if this is proved but I have heard and experienced personally that if we watch anything remotely scary, it registers in the subconscious mind and since we sleep very light during pregnancy, dreams tend to manifest.

Ask her to recollect if she had seen any movies with snakes in it, or even fantasy movies with snakes (Harry Potter?) involved. If yes, in future ask her to avoid them.

Another thing which is helping me right now (am in 6th month) is getting a night time routine. It could be anything from reading a book (again, not the gripping ones), rhymes, listening to favorite music, cuddling or even lovemaking will help her relax. This way her mind knows what to expect before going to bed...

6. Laakshi

Laakshi New IL'ite

Dreaming of a snake during pregnancy is a good sign and actually talks about the status of the baby in her womb. A black snake means baby boy while white means baby girl.
    Further, the snake in dream represents your wife's emotion that are uneasy right now! It's a good dream, don't worry!
    Source - Snakes In Dreams