1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dream or reality?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by lyra, May 19, 2011.

1. lyra

lyra Silver IL'ite

Hi, I do have a problem. Whenever Im very stressed about my life and future, especially my marriage, I unergo a peculiar experience. During these very stressful period, when I cry very much and when I worry that my life is lost and hopeless... I undergo this problem in my sleep. I'll explain the problem in detail. I have difficulty in waking up during these times. Yes, I'll think that Im up and about making coffee and doing my morning chores... it will be in my dream. I wouldnt have actually got up. when I come to know that it is a dream I'll want to get up... but it will be very difficult. though I command my brain to get up... hopelessly i'll go back into the dream... where I'll be dreaming once again that i've got up and cooking for my family, the ream will be so real that I'll think that Im really awake. But Im still asleep. And again One I know that Im only dreaming and I really want to get up, I wont be able to.I command my body to get up, but it will be very difficult. I'll be slipping back into the dream. This will go on and on until I with all my will power force myself to get up.(which will be quite painful and very difficult). I'll have this dream overtaking my conciousness again and again.

P.S: In those small intervals when I realize that it was a dream, I will be able to open my eyes and try to shout to someone, but words wont come out of my mouth and helplessly I'll slip back into a dream.

I have this experience only when Im really and truely heart broken. It does not happen only at nights but even during my afternoon naps. Plz help me. Once I met a psychiatrist who said that my reality and unreality are merging. But I was not convinced with the psychiatrist to continue further.:drowning

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

From your words, i feel its all because of worry and stress. hence Keep yourself cheerful by engaging yourself in some activities. Strict to a schedule which will give you a good sound sleep of 8 hrs a day. Avoid your afternoon naps when you get good sleep in night. Do not take anything to your heart (this makes you lose hope and think negative). Every problem has a solution. Keep your mind calm which will help you get rid of this dreamy state. Enroll yourself for a good yoga class with meditation. Change your lifestyle (if it is not good now). This will surely help you keep active. Also do consult your physician (not psychiatrist) to find out whether you are healthy. This could be a symptom to a ill health. Do not worry. Worry will only worsen your problem. Wish you all the best, a sound sleep and a cheerful life.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I am wondering if this is some form of sleeping walking type condition that occurs because you are under such stress. I have in the past had a few sleep walking occurrences and as a child remember a few times that I also could not wake up. Perhaps thats normal...I am not sure although nothing as dramatic as what you have listed. Here in USA they have sleep centers....are any available in India in some metro?

On another note, I hope you will work at correcting whatever is happening in your life to make you so heartbroken. As someone said to me recently, life is not a trial run...it's the real thing. Point being you need to make your life good as you don't have a second chance.

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Keep a really loud ringing alarm like those Ambulance siren so that you will jump out of the bed literally.

PS: is is a crude advice?