1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dream On!!! She Still Has The Last Laugh!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Satchi,
    Today, me and my daughter was having an arguement over the helper of my mil. The same question, "why can't you fire her, today and get another one"'You are the employer and not her"...my reply.."as if somebody is waiting in queue outside the house".
    But the real answer is what you had described..known is better than unknown (see how much we are afraid to change even the helpers :) )

So maids do have FBs too..maybe I should check my helper's status too..:)

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  2. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Good one satchi.

The carton is really true, though. My mom's maid (back home) comes in custom made churidars and does come on (old) 2-wheeler, says someone in her family is a mechanic. My mom waits for maid's prompt arrival and she does things quickly, not necessarily tidy. In case, my mom is late in putting out vessels for cleaning, it's our problem. If clothes are ready for laundry, she will put it in the washer, later hang out to dry. She will make another visit in the evening to fold the laundry/sweep/clean vessels. Everyone has to be out of her way, that includes house guests. During my visits, I have to adhere to maid's arrival, otherwise I will make mom, agitated/upset. Will not take/eat any left over food, not even sweets/special items. Known factor, she will be off with or without prior notice if it is any local festival season or any local marriage of her relatives and there should NOT be any pay cut. She will call from her mobile, to inform us any last minute changes and if she is sick, my sister (doc) will be told in advance for medical advise need/request through my mom. My sister has to take care of mom's maid, immediately when she goes for check up. My mom says, she is working mainly for the medical attention (+ free medicine). Maid doesn't have any kid, married. in her early 20's. Good coverage of medical plan, isn't? My mom is getting old/looking for reliable/safe known person, as the maid. My sister hasn't made, any house call for the maid, yet. Oooops, has to work on extended time for that sort of service, not under current medical coverage/plan.

I have to check with my mom, does she still come on 2-wheeler (due to cost of petrol?, mechanics do get free petrol/gasoline!!!).

p.s: My sister doesn't live with my parents, has her own house/family and maid doesn't work for my sister, either.

2 people like this.
  3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Ha Ha ha!!! Better maintain an attendence register Satchi [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]to know how many days you are granting(or shall is say taken for granted) leave with pay.

1 person likes this.
  4. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear.....

Nice to know your Tom and Jerry game with your bai.

I had one.....just for a few days ...when I was in rural Assam.....

She would come in perfect make-up and hair-do....with a Nokia cell phone....and would take the liberty to use my charger......would grab a chair and sit and start conversations....give me parenting tips......would joke with me ( I would be the butt of her jokes mostly..:bonk..)

She would change to her work costume, work and then would have a bath before leaving....( don't know if she had one before coming to work....)

I was pissed off soon and payed her double and sent her off.......

I still get occasional night mares .......:shaking:

But, lucky you.......getting dreams eh......:thumbsup:rotfl

Wishing you many more sweeeet dreams ma'am.........:rotfl:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Satchi that is a good snippet about house maid with apt cartoons.
    Very necessary but wish we could do without. As you know during my daughter's wedding she was really a pain and did not turn up for a month, but during the wedding she was a very reliable person giving helping hand where ever necessary.....
    Now is your maid coming regularly or still plays hide n seek with you!!!!!!!!!
    Take care

1 person likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Sats:rotfl:rotfl
    I think it is high time you published a book on “Maid woes”. I am pretty sure it will sell like hot cakes for everywhere I go this is the sob story I hear, while in India.
    I too went thru that during my sever-year stay(sounds like seven-year itch) and did what kylie did…sent her away. Boy, did I feel liberated
    I know you can’t do that ... yet…
    Take care and be happy ...despite.

1 person likes this.
  7. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

The husband will miss 'her' more because without 'her' regular attendance at home, wife will become 'Mrs grouchy' and he will pay the price and will have to handle wife all by himself.

My guess is men feel safer when a 'mentor' who knows to subdue wife is around.

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Uma. :-D

9. satchitananda

Hi Sri,

True, all of us seem to be ruled by our bosses - "domestic help". Now that is not a bad idea. Do check up if there is any update on her status on FB. :rotfl

10. satchitananda

Hi Freddycat,