1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dream On!!! She Still Has The Last Laugh!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

this is one topic, I really cannot understand :hide:! Wait before you pick those tomatoes to throw at me (Kamalji is the one who has taught me about this possibility!), let me tell you. When I am back home, the lady is there all day and night and does anything extra for me in the process making my FIL real mad for she takes off many a time citing exactly the same reasons you have cited. Initially my FIL not understanding any of the things she is speaking of, would be so generous with her. Now after 10yrs, she annoys him to the core. So when I come home, it is a different type of a fight - too much of kaamwali bhai, not just her, the old one who was there when I was newely married re-appears, so do the guys who collect trash, the milk man is suddenly all smiles, so is the flower vendor and don't ask me about the vegetable vendor - all vegetables miraculously come down a rupee or two!

Needless to say, I love to watch the discomfort and irritation on my FILs face :) That doesnot mean I don't empathise with you, I do! Here's wishing a quicker return of your "LADY" to your house, but then how will these snippets continue to roll! Oh what the! I can be generous you know - I will trust you to come up with snippets on other subjects1

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

satchi,

Thank god, my maid is not yet net savvy or i can imagine.. we have a maid in the complex who comes on a scooty with full make up, cell phone, and the works..and today i would say blessed are those who have wonderful, concerned and honest maids..

my maid woes....Lakshmi has the final laugh.. - Blogs - IndusLadies

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Very good post Satchi. I could not control laughing when I looked at the cartoon. So, they don't accept to work in houses if they don't have Facebook account? This is another good reason Mark Zuckerberg should say to the Wall Street (Facebook's stock price is going down) that the social network business is never going to die.

Now I really understood the meaning of what it means when we say "It makes one woman to make a happy home".:rotfl So she comes and proudly announces that she had to be away for 4-5 days and you have to agree to pay her for those days besides giving her advance for her travel expenses plus expensive gift. This industry is the most powerful non-unionized labor force I had seen.

This post of yours reminded me of our move to Trivandrum. When our household material arrived at the doors of the rented house, I asked the truck fellows to go and find someone to unload all the material. The unloading workers demanded that they need Rs.600 (very high for the year 1987) and I told them it was too expensive and I would find someone else to unload. I did not realize at that time that they were part of the CPI (M) union. They smiled shook hands with me and told that I could do as I wish but politely said something in Malayalam. I did not understand what it was. When I asked the house owner, he translated it for me that he was suggesting I could use anyone of my choice but still I should pay them Rs.600.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cutemonster,

5. satchitananda

Dear Kylie,

Great going Kylie. I am waiting for the day when I can get that liberated. :-D That will be a new definition of "women's liberation". :rotfl

6. satchitananda

Thanks TomnJerry. BTW, I love your username. :-D Actually come to think that is the game my "Madam" and I play at home everyday. :rotfl

7. satchitananda

No sweat Aruna. :-D Glad she came to work. Actually it is a good idea to have accommodation for these ladies in the building itself - at least that way they have something to lose if they act too smart. :biggrin2: You are right, we have to adjust a lot these days and one is not blind to their hardships. But it is really galling when they start arm twisting us and holding us to ransom with unreasonable demands.

8. satchitananda

Absolutely Kamalji, they wield the power these days. Their wish is our command. :bang You have indeed been very lucky, I must say.

9. satchitananda

Hi Sabitha,

10. satchitananda

In that respect Shanvy, I must say I am blessed. She is honest. I can trust her with the keys to the house and money to send her shopping for groceries. Only problem is her loud mouth and her penchant for vanishing on the least pretext. Having smart, intelligent women to work can be a boon as well as a bane.

Actually Shanvy I would not grudge them their mobile phones if they did not use it when working here and keep it switched off when I need to contact them.