1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dream On!!! She Still Has The Last Laugh!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 17, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG][​IMG]

(Translation of the second cartoon: These days she makes new excuses for not coming to work on time. She says the trye of her car got punctured).

Hahahahahaha. Now you know who my target of the day is. Yes, "she" is away for two days. Reason: one of the unending young girls in the family has come of age. So they are having a ceremony to mark the rite of passage in the village and as maternal uncle and aunt they have to go and gift the girl jewels. Besides sis-in-law came all the way to invite them and also gifted "her" daughter jewels. Fortunately "she" has only one daughter. That time she took leave three times :crazy - once for a ritual here (4 days), once to plant a tree in the village to commemorate the event (3 days) and once for a function to which the whole village was invited (6 days) - replete with a photo album. :spin It almost looked like a wedding ceremony without a groom. And for all these forays, I am not allowed to cut her salary, I have to look for a standby and pay her extra, pay "Madam" advance for expenses to travel, not to forget a "decent" gift ("she" has the gall to complain that others pay their maids an entire month's salary as bonus at Diwali - I normally gift "her" a saree) :rant ..... Thank God, unlike relatives who die a million deaths to provide her with an excuse for taking off, these girls will grow up only once :rotfl.

The lady is supposed to work here till 5.30. Half the number of days "she" vanishes under the pretext of having to go and pay money for the chit fund, some work, comes late - had to go to the childrens' schools for uniforms, books, to pay the fees, teacher has called ..... the list of excuses is endless. Ask anything and you get shouted at. :bang

Why do I keep her, you ask? I can throw her out, but no guarantee that the next one will be any better. :drowning A known devil is better than an unknown devil.
    What do I do with her, what do I do without her?

I had a dream last night. She asks for one more afternoon off. I tell her she is taking more afternoons off than she works, so she should work only mornings. She agrees - condition, she continues to get the entire pay or she quits. I wake up with a start. :shaking: My neighbour (for whom she also works) asks when she is coming back. I tell her of my dream. She has a hearty laugh and says "at least you had the luxury of telling her that in your dreams". So we know who is the boss. The only consolation here is I am not the only one sailing in this boat.

Therefore, we finally have to admit:

[​IMG]

for coming and doing something each day to make sure our house is not a tip. So here is admitting to "her": "Come back soon. I miss you".

33 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha...the cartoon is really funny so the DH knows servant is not coming and he is missing her that she is not coming....:)

Mine too has gone to her native place she told will come back in 2 days and today i the 5th day she hasn't come still. Thankfully I have 2 of them one is out the other one will do all the work but today even the other one hasn't come still . Let me go now and ask where she is....before sht decides not to come today at all....:(

1 person likes this.
  3. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Satchi!!! LOL!! Love it!! what a nice way for a happy sunday morning!...

I'm missing your bai too!! hope she gets bac soon!!! :) :)

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Hi Aruna,

On a serious note, hope the other one at least turned up.

5. satchitananda

Thanks Jelin. I hope so too. :-D

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ! really good satchi! even my maid has taken off today:rant
    yesterday also she did not do work and today she called up at noon , i was out so told her to wait . I rushed home only to know she is gone!!
    And did all work my self , was irritated and blasted my dear husband for my gussa towards the maid :hide:
    he is in other room , i was irritated and came here to log on and divert my mind and second thing i read is ur funny snippet. seemed so suitable for my situation right now :bonk, guess should go n talk to him:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  7. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Satchi,

Loved it ! I hope your "bai woes" end soon.

I got rid of mine because i couldnt handle it anymore. I no longer have to keep waiting thinking whether she'd turn up or not. No running to the neighbour's to request them to send their maid. No listening to weird excuses from her for taking leave. No more being forced to give "advance" or "monetary help" with her sob stories of a drunkard husband, wayward son etc. No longer dreading whether she was "nose picking" while dusting or scratching her head while chopping vegetables or coughing like an old hag while making dough!!

Peace at last and "I am loving it" !!

love
    kylie

1 person likes this.
  8. Ramya04

Ramya04 Bronze IL'ite

I loved it Satchi... :) I could totally relate...the cartoons are so apt!

1 person likes this.
  9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey sorry Satchi I did not mean your BH I just spoke in general about the cartoon.

Ya ya Satchi she turned up as both of them stay in the basement. the builder has provided a servant quarter. the other one has gone to her village but this one is there. So this maid is finding it difficult to work in all the houses all alone. So that she is not at all on time.
    She did come but late but did only half the work. But still the cleaning part is done. But what to do have to adjust sometimes as it is very difficult to get servants now a days. Or they will start asking us to see they status in FB [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.that was one cute blog if i ever read one.HAHA

So they are the power plugs these days eh ! Well to tell u the truth, i have been blessed with great maids in jaipur, whereas all my friends cry, guess we have been lucky really.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.