1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreading Documentaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Butterflyce, I just don't see how the culprit's wife's comment on women's reliance on men should justify the comment about "decent hours" After all a whole lot of call centre workers, doctors, nurses and journalists return home after "decent hours" are they all of loose character? That doesn't make any sense.It was cgood of the filmmaker Leslie Udwin to make Mukesh Talk because the discerning can see Mukesh act as a distorting mirror of Indian society to really reveal what it is. I have absolutely no reservations about the documentary. I repeat, next year it should be nominated for an Oscar. It is hard hitting and powerful.

4 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@balajee though the documentary is officially banned by the government from last evening, it has been finding ways to being shared shows to prove there is group out there that supports the idea of looking beyond the gruesomeness of the rape and looking at rootcause.

but the whole documentary looks like a patched up one. a little more research should have gone into the same. the doctor's interview was a edited one.

exactly we need to erase the mindset.. infact a friend of mine has been sharing this badge with us.... and i am sharing the same here.. change starts at home..l

11034193_867199623340344_1259546527590743016_n.jpg

4 people like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy I don't have to talk to my daughter about safety. Even in broad daylight she moves around with a chilly spray and I don't have a son.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@balajee Some of the friends who are passing on this badge do not have children, while others do not have a daughter. it is not about having a son, daughter or both, but it is about the thought. to each his own way of interpretation.

i do have a son and a daughter. teach the daughter to be mentally strong, or no pepper spray or a black belt in defence comes to the aid. to be able to think beyond the fear as i have seen and read about people freezing when encountering such situations in real life.

1 person likes this.
  5. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Telecasting opinion of a convicted rapist in the name of documentary is not journalism.. and naming it as "Indian daughter" is sensationalism..
    and neo-liberal self-pitying idiots discussing this docu on TV is example of "monkey see, monkey do"

waiting for a docu named "british daughters" or "London ki beti, ab ISIS ke bahu"

5 people like this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy true what matters is mental strength, Even if you have a black belt in Karate and lack the will to stand up for yourself it is absolutely useless.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Indoc you sound like that Arnab Goswami. This documentary portrays the truth abougt the lot of women and girl children in India. If reality bites real hard nothing can be done about it. Turning your face away from it as "sensationalism" doesn't make sense to me.

3 people like this.
  8. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Seriously comparing with Arnub or Burkha or TEjpal... grow up..

Yeah.. truth of that particular animal and each and every society has these kinds of animals.... how can some british idiot extrapolate this incident to whole of India by naming this mocumentary as "India's daughter"... if the title of this film would been something like "one of 60 crore Indian daughters"..then no body would have given a F.... and BBC too knows it.. BBC should stop aping Daily Mail or trying to become new NOTW.

And this so-called journo paid 40K for that interview.. and what's with white chicks fascination with convicts.. some mutation in DNA perhaps..

3 people like this.
  9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Watch it Indoc. It is certainly not weak; nor sensationalist. It echoes he mindset of the majority of Indians. I have a rotten neighbour in india who gives grown women grief about not wearing a duppata in a schoolgirl V to "serve its purpose".

the school girls running away has already caused a lot of debates and radio shows. I don't see bbc as shying away from it because of race. BBC is one of he most inclusive tv channel I have seen. I don't see a reason for your bitterness...

2 people like this.
  10. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

FYI.. I watched it.. and it doesn't echo majority of Indians.
    The problem lies when idiots extrapolate this one incident, magnify this .. that animal who raped was prosecuted, and punished.. though he got of lightly, but what to do.. our freaking constitution is like that..

Yep just debates.. nothing much else.. and when these 3 girls end up as "jihadi Janes" then brits will really wake up and act..

2 people like this.