Dr.Geetha Haripriya Vs Dr.Samundi Sankari

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AmritaS, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Vasantha5132

Vasantha5132 New IL'ite

It is too late..but still it might benefit other ILites..

I have been to Prashanth hospitals and it was terrible experience..My advise is..dont ever ever go to this hospital..

Dr Geetha Hari Priya..as other ILites said.. she does not spend time with the patients..she is always in hurry not giving time to listen to patients..she does not spend not more then 3 min with the patients..she only takes the fees (I have never seen any doctor taking fees like this)..

I went to this hospital for normal pregnancy checkup. During the first scan itself ..she told ..baby's heart rate is low.and made us admitted in the hospital for 3 days..prescribed hell a lot of injections and tablets..and requested us to come for scanning every two weeks..

two weeks later again..she said..need to make some stitches..I got scared with this doctor and went to Apollo hospitals..Dr Vasanthi is the gynic there..looking at the reports...she said..everything is normal..no need of any stiches or medication..

Geetha Hari Priya is just horrible..My advice is not to consult this doctor..

Thanks & Regards,
    Vasundhara

1 person likes this.
  2. aravinthg12

aravinthg12 New IL'ite

Absolutely agreeing with everyone. Prashanth Hospital is a hell for people trying to get pregnant.

Specially Sudha Shivakumar who administer the IVF programme treat patients with no respect/care. She is such a rude, arrogant character. We pay a lot to see these inhumane people. She treats patients worse than unwanted street animals. She is ruthless in handling ultrasound equipment with patients and always shout at them.

Another character, Pushpa who is a nurse there. She is even worse than Sudha and has zero respect to patients.

Hope there will be a better hospital for the patients seeking fertility treatment in Chennai.

3. ramyasri9916

ramyasri9916 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Gone through all ur views, i have something to say. According, to me the doctors are gods and the hospital is like a temple, we go to hospital for the problem, and meet the doctor to solve it in the way of treatment i.e a solution. The People who goes for the treatment should feel comfortable in meeting the doctor and getting the treatment then only his problem will be solved.

I had a very good experience in Hospital where they treat patients with respect and care. Even the doctor is kind and responds to the queries with patience and with smiling. I liked the way the doctor treats the patients. Even the Staff over there receives us with good respect and the follow up was very good.

I had undergone the treatment under Dr.sankari mam, we cant compare her with anyone. she is unique. it was around late at night when we went for consultation even in that late time she is patiently listening to us and given us good advise and explained wat are all the treatments should be taken. At that min. i felt so happy and confident tat i can mother a baby and my dream is gonna come true in a short period.

And my faith never went wrong. I was conceived under the treatment of sankari, her luckiest hand, i got a girl baby. happy now. thanks to the doctor. Now they have opened the another branch in Kotturpuram also, I wish all the best for the doctor and their team for the success.
    I would suggest the Srushti hospital as the best one in Chennai.

4. cytosine

cytosine New IL'ite

Dont go to shrusti pls...
    I went to shrusti recently on seeing all those positive reviews in IL. But i was so disappointed with the doctor and working staffs. She recommends directly donor program before proper diagnosis and clarifications. I think shrusti hospital lacks its quality. Pls Pls ladies dont go to shrusti....

madras2018 likes this.
  5. srinithivasan

srinithivasan Silver IL'ite

You are absolutely right.

6. LESW

LESW New IL'ite

hi ,

i truly agree with the bad reviews given for Dr. geetha haripriya.

. i consulted one of the doctors in prasanth hospital run by geetha haripriya, it was a horrible experience. I conceived naturally and had consulted Dr. Usha who comes in the evening at prashanth hospital . they make u wait for 4 to 5 hours . .....i miscarried by baby because proper treatment was not given in time by the doctors there. They could have saved by baby, but they didn't do that. i humbly request naturally conceived mother's to stay away from that hospital... i had a very unpleasant experience .

when i consulted another doctor, she said ....had the doctor's in prashanth hospital , put a cervical os stitch in time , they could have saved my baby..

Only recently i read the reviews about dr.geetha haripriya....... had i seen the reviews rearlier i would not have gone to that hospital... A big "NO" to prashanth hospital.

thanks
    L. EWS

7. Tintumon

Tintumon New IL'ite

Hi all, this is my journey of struggle to become a mom. I have made it elaborate to let you know about the Drs I met and the errors that happened during the course. At times I wished if I could undo certain parts of it. Hope this would be of help to make a decision in your course.
    When I did not conceive few months after marriage, I checked with Dr. Agarwal in Bandra (Mumbai) and found I was having follicular cyst in one of the ovary. I tried having Ovral L for few months and Ovral G for few months but the size of the Cyst did not reduce and they also noticed many smaller cyst in my left ovary as well during my consecutive visits to the clinic. I was suggested to do a laproscopy to remove the cyst. I went for second opinion with Dr. Priya Sundar in jupiter hospital thane, she too advised the same. I decided to do have the surgery done and I did it with Dr. Usha reddy (Vijaya hospital Chennai) .she advised surgery is not mandate and there are women who have conceived with cyst also. I was desperate and we asked her to operate .The biopsy report of the cyst which was sent to some external pathology center on request of Dr. Usha reddy came as Hydrosalphynix in the left ovary. It is a case where the left tube is damaged and the tube cant perform its normal operation. I was asked to visit again to check the tube patency using a dye test. The result of which turned to be positive and both my tubes were patent. A big blunder was done at the pathology center who gave a incorrect report.
    Post Dye test I was given Clome and duphaston for 3 months and was asked to have intercourse to conceive. I did not conceive and when I checked there were many smaller sized cyst on my left ovary and it was only 8 months after the surgery. I was shocked, I am still not sure whether the surgery was not done properly or the medicines I took led to hyperstimulation. One must monitor the growth of egg size doing follicular study when taking these medicines(clome & duphaston). This medicine clome should not be consumed beyond 3 months. While performing follicular study if the egg did not rupture then HCG shots has to be administered by the dr to make the egg rupture, else the egg or follicle that is grown might again turn in to a cyst. I was not aware about all these and was blindly consuming the medicine.
    Dr. Priya Sundar gave me Ovral G for few months, but there was not much difference with the size of the cyst. I was again advised to go for a laproscopy second time. She said the cyst will hinder good follicle to grow and produce egg, hence I might not conceive. There is only a mere luck to conceive if the cyst is not removed. I agreed to have the surgery done again. When I was in Operation theatre, while the surgery was in progress, My hubby was called and told there were many tiny tiny cyst, and there is a possibility they might miss removing some of them. This can eventually lead to another surgery in future. They consulted with my hubby for removing the entire left ovary. He agreed because he was told I can conceive with a single ovary also and I didn’t want to undergo any more operation in future. So finally my left ovary was removed after my second lapro. Now all I am left is with a partial right ovary of 1cm size.
    After this surgery we planned to do few rounds of IUI and try our luck with IVF if IUI attempts did not succeed . I did a total of 3 cycles of IUI with Dr. Priya Sundar. All of them were double IUI. IUI was performed before and after egg rupture. But this was successfully done only once. During my second cycle, she advised me to take duphaston which is supposed to be taken only after the egg rupture. Seeing the size of the egg, she expected it to rupture on the same day and asked me to take the pill that night. But unfortunately the egg did not rupture and the pill I took made the follicle to remain in the same size. Every day, I was doing ultrasound as part of follicular study but the size of the egg remained static and did not rupture even after many shots of HCG. It was turning to a cyst. I was asked to take a break from trying IUI.
    Eventually after 2 months, cyst all subsided and my right ovary was normal. But it is a operated ovary of very small size. Always think 100 times before you remove a ovary. Ovary is made up of ovarian tissue and the follicles containing egg grows on this ovarian tissue surface. I had only one, not even one but a partial ovary left with me. Very less ovarian tissue means the egg reserve one holds also turns less.
    Unlike men, from the time of birth the egg reserve starts depleting for women. Say a woman has roughly 15000 eggs in each ovary which depletes with each monthly menstrual cycle. Around 100 to 200 eggs are lost in each cycle. In my case I had only 1cm size of ovary left. I did AMH test to know my egg reserve and found it to be negligible(0.1).
    I lost all hope in IUI and I did not want to waste time which will eventually reduce the number of eggs I hold. So I decided to go for IVF. In this attempt there were many fertility clinics and I wanted to choose the best as I had plans to do it only once, because of the expense.
    We visited Origin fertility center(thane) dr Sandeep Mane. I told him my entire story and when it was his turn to speak, he was completely negative from the beginning of his conversation. He was saying if you are going to try IVF only once then go for surrogacy. He told there is a possibility where they can’t retrieve eggs successfully, so he was asking me to opt for donor egg program + surrogacy, in which case I will have a baby. After meeting him, I felt Iike adopting a child rather than spending money on surrogacy. It was my first and last visit at his office.
    Dr. Priya Sundar and a relative of ours suggested Dr. Kedar ganla(he works from matunga clinic and Hiranandani hospital). We met him, he heard my story and was giving me gyan saying not everyone gets everything in life. Kisi ke paas yeh hey tho woh nahi hotha hey. He prescribed me some DHA tablets. We asked how is this going to help and how it works. He tried to explain but when he did not have any convincing point, he said it is his protocol to give those medicines and women have conceived after following his procedure of IVF. We were worried as medicines like these (clome which we took in past experience had adverse effects), we wanted to know what we are consuming. He got frustrated and started to speak very rude. Saying where are you going to lecture about these medicines and it is not required for patients to know everything that Dr knows. That is it, it was my last visit to him as well.
    After lot of research we decided to meet Dr. Samundi Sankari (srushti hospital, Chennai). IVF was planned well and executed. I did mini IVF(it costed around 1.5 lacs inclusive of all charges the whole cycle). Unlike IVF, in mini IVF number of hormone injections will be given only for few days. So the number of eggs that one produces will be less. I had 4 eggs out of which they were able to retrieve 2. Both were grown well and embryo transfer was done on 14th day. During embryo transfer no ultrasound was used, but the staffs or assistants inside the theatre, they showed me and my husband a static image on the monitor and claimed it to be my womb and showed us an egg which was placed in the womb . They were demanding for a heavy tip after showing us this image and we too gave them happily. After research I found, abdominal ultrasound needs to be done to capture the process of embryo transfer and to see where the egg is placed in the womb. But some Drs. Don’t do this ultrasound and they go by their experience. I am not sure whether there is any device to do the embryo transfer and simultaneously scan the process through vagina. They were working only through my vagina, and I guess there is no possibility to insert ultrasound probe as well as the catheter in the vagina to scan and place the embryo. Ultrasound probe can only hinder the process if done through vagina. Hence they have to do abdominal ultrasound. To visualize the ultrasound by abdomen one must drink lot of water, I was not asked to drink water. After embryo transfer I was very positive and I did not suspect all these. Though I got an instinct, I ignored it.
    I did not conceive in that IVF, I was asked to do a second cycle of IVF or IUI. At that point I enquired dr Samundi, as why abdominal ultrasound was not done during embryo transfer. She asked me back,’ is it so, we didn’t do it’. As if they forgot to do it. I had made a friend on my visit to the hospital, who had done 3 cycles of IVF with Dr Samundi. I checked with her and she told they didn’t do any scan over the abdomen and they showed a static image each time after the procedure is done. That is when I realized, the staffs in the operation theatre were fooling people showing a static image at the end of the procedure just to get a heavy tip. After all this I completely lost the trust. Because of this cheap fraudulent act by their staff, now I am wondering whether egg retrieval was done ?. whether they did embryo transfer? Or they sold my eggs to someone. Who knows. Now I lost my trust on Drs., Science and technology.
    When all the doors closed, my only hope was GOD. I started praying religiously and told many slokas on a daily basis. Before doing IVF, I checked with my family astrologer, who has predicted the date, month and year of my marriage exactly. He asked me to visit few temples in kumbakonam as a parikaram and try our luck to have a child. He said I would conceive in the next few months. I was stupid and tried IVF after visiting these temples. When I ididnt conceive after IVF, I again visited him and told him that I tried IVF and it didn’t work. He said u will have a child naturally and please don’t waste your money in fertility clinics. He asked me to do a archanai for lord Ganesha on sankada hara chathurthi and asked us try on our own. He also said I would conceive in next 2 months and my first child will be a boy. Just as he said I conceived in the next immediate month and now I have a baby boy. This made me believe that miracles do happen and GOD has planned everything for you.

madras2018 likes this.
  8. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Dear Tintumon,
    Sorry to hear what you went through. But don't loose your heart. Depression and stress are the worst enemies for those who are trying to conceive.

Along with the parikarams you are doing, kindly visit Sri Soumya narayana perumal temple at Thirukoshtiyur. It is near Karakkudi. When you are having Darshan there ask the priest for an agal vilakku (Diya). He will tell what you need to do with that agal.

Wishing you lots of babydust.

9. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Dear IL,
    Iam married for 7 years and childless.Please suggest me a good fertility centre in chennai.

10. Dreambaby

Dreambaby New IL'ite

Hi Maya,
    I would like to know more about Dr.Samundi Sankari. We live abroad and have had one failed IVF & second resulted in a miscarriage. So finally decided to try in India so that I'll atleast have my family for support but a little worried about the hygiene and quality of treatment. If you dont mind, Could you reply or mail me in detail so that i can clear my queries. Just wanted to ask you because i felt you were in a similar position. So was your treatment successful? Hope you're happy with your little one