1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dowry: Varalotti Holds the World Record! Anybody Wants To Challenge That?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Dear Mr.and Mrs.V,

Many congrats and best wishes on your silver anniversary. Surely you did receive a priceless dowry. Family is the most precious thing in life and those who have a loving family / extended family are doubly blessed.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

hi dd cum gf,
    nice to see you after a few centuries. Didn't see you at all in any of the threads. Hope you and yours are doing fine.
    Thanks for the kind wishes, DD. Will surely convey your wishes to madam too.
    Thanks for considering me the "same and unchanged" when it comes to capturing women's heart. That's my greatest asset as a writer. I can't afford to change that quality. ha ha ha.

Thanks for the kind words, DD. Oh, you are filing a case against me? You know either way I will win. (Just to let you I am a lawyer myself as I hold a Bachelor's in Law. I call myself a half-lawyer. But my friends call me half-baked one)
    So if you file a case and I win, I have a straight victory. And if you win, well, don't you think for a father, his daughter's victory will bring more happiness than his? When you win I will have a greater victory myself.

Thanks for your kind wishes, DD. But DD, you will have to visit the forums at least once in a way if not regularly.
    love
    your bf cum pa

3. varalotti

Hello Swetha,

Thanks a billion for your kind wishes. I will surely convey that to Indhu.

I will let you know one secret, Swetha. Not only you, your mother and all those who write in these forums, but every ILite falls into that "soft" category only. I used the other category just to kid you all. That category does not exist at all.

I have lived donkeys years in this bad, bad, bad world. I know that a book is judged by its covers, a girl by her looks, a boy by his wealth and a post by its title. I don't write anything unless I have a good title to wrap it up with.

This post (and for that matter many of my posts, including the present serial Love All) is razor-walking for me. But the thrill and the risk give me fulfillment and happiness. Thanks for the nice words.

You got it Swetha. In our District there is a saying, "ஆடு மேய்ச்ச மாதிரியும் ஆச்சு, அண்ணனுக்கு பொண்ணு பாத்த மாதிரியும் ஆச்சு." I just used it to my advantage.

Cash flow thinking has been the source of my daily bread. I am also celebrating my Silver Jubilee in private practice by this April. With that kind of years, I know that cash flow is more important than even profitability. About 20 years back a senior colleague told me, "Sales is vanity, profits are sanity but cash is the only reality."

Though I have not committed the sin of taking part in dowry negotiations I have heard about the discussions from my colleagues. They were both interesting and disgusting. Men will never change.

Thanks. I do not want to trumpet, Swetha. But I have a feeling that if you know my ranks, you will have some kind of a confidence, "இந்த ஆளே ரேங்க் வாங்கியிருக்கார்னா, நம்ம ஏன் வாங்கமுடியாது?"
    I got All India's 3rd rank in CA Inter, 5th in Final, 2nd in ACS Inter and 1st in Final and 3rd in ISA exams held in 2003.
    Rankholders are not geniuses, Swetha. They are just sloggers and hardworkers. If you remember this basic tenet, you will do well in your exams. Wish you the best of luck. Remember when you clear the exams, I should be the first one to get sweet from you. Go for it girl. Make my friend, your mother, really proud.

Best of luck, once again.
    love,
    sridhar

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  4. varalotti

Hi SK,
    thanks for the nice words about my reply. I know I am being chiselled into a better writer by those who write fb.

Your answer is wrong. It is not 2k. It is NIL in terms of cash, but billions in terms of relationships.

In our side it is the custom for the boy's parents to buy sarees for the girl. In turn the girl's parents would buy dresses for the boy. My fil gave me 2k so that I can go and buy the dresses myself. I was disappointed. I thought that the bride would also come for dress selection and that I can steal a few glances at her.
    Then I had another idea. We fixed the date for buying the dresses, fixed up a shop near the temple for the same and then I made my father invite my fil, mil and my would be wife to the shop. They had to come. From then on Indhu approves all my dresses.

love,
    sri uncle

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot richa.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Mythreaeyi,
    thanks a lot for your good wishes. You are right about our families and extended families being our greatest wealth.
    thanks for the fb, Mythreayi.

love,
    sridhar

7. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Sorry for my late entry. Great to know about your Dowry which is precious. Indeed it is a blessing. But no doubt Sridhar you deserve it, who is so kind hearted ,soft by nature.I can very well say this since I have interacted with you many times and also I have read your stories which gives soothing effect.
    My wishes to you and Indhu.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

8. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    thanks for the kind words. Never mind the late entry. You have written that I deserve all these, Meenakshi. But I beg to differ.
    Once I wrote a full-length poem on this aspect. I give you the links now.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/wednesdays-with-varalotti/22877-my-dear-gfs-please-forgive.html

Thanks for your kind wishes.
    love,
    sridhar

9. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

I must tell you, your replies are as enjoyable as your original post. I had a nice time reading it.
    Oh My God!!! You have really set very high standards! I hope I'm able to do well in the June exam and clear in the first attempt. I've heard about the respect that rankholders and even first-attempts pass-outs get from CA firms. The exams have been postponed by a month so I'm banking on this time for some more revision.

Ofcourse! As soon as I get my results, which will hopefully be positive, you will be one of the first few to know ... and sweets will also follow soonafter! I hope I'm able to make all of you proud.

Please continue to bless me ... as Amma always says, "Your hard-work comprises 90% of your result, the rest is the blessings you get."

Regards
    SWETHA

10. varalotti

Hello Swetha,

thanks. All of us, your friends in IL and elsewhere can definitely give that 10% while nothing but your hard work should give you the balance 90%.

I just want to add one more thing to the suggestions. Do not give just the sweat of your brow to studies. Give the love of your heart. Accounts and taxation are even now my passions. Once you love what you do, clearing the exams, getting ranks are just jujube.

Another mistake I notice with most of the youngsters is that they approach CA exams as if it were a 100 metres dash. No. It's a marathon race. And you don't run at 100 kms per hour speed in a marathon; for if you do so you will be the first to quit the race. You will have observed that in a marathon the winners actually run slowly to start with and slowly pick up speed.

Keep your mind free and relaxed. Irrespective of the tons of midnight oil you might have burnt, your state of mind during those three hours will determine your success. And CA tests not just your memory but your presence of mind. And only a relaxed mind can be in the present.

Remember many people fail in CA not because they study less, because they strain themselves way beyond their capacity. Have decent working hours. Even in the midst of my CA final exams (that was in 1981) I did not study for more than 8 hours a day during the study hols. On the day of exam I used to sleep well and get up only at 7 AM (for the 10 AM exam) much to the chagrin of my father.

Our blessings are already there. And we will be sending more your way in the days to come.
    Go for it gal You can! And You Will.

love,
    sridhar