1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dowry: Varalotti Holds the World Record! Anybody Wants To Challenge That?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 9, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Aparna. I know everybody will think like that. You know I love creating some kind of a suspense whether it is a story or a post.
    Thanks for your kind wishes on our 25th anniversary.

love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    thanks for your kind wishes. In our Golden Jubilee year I will be 75 years old. ha ha ha.
    We'll have a big ILite convention at Island Grounds, Chennai to celebrate it with all the ILites attending.
    Thanks for being on the softer side. That means a lot to me.
    I wont delay LA 12 beyond this week-end. I have written the episode and am editing it now.
    Who knows it may be my Valentine's day gift(?) to you all.

love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes on our SJ anniversary.

If any man had bils like mine, they will surely appreciate them. The worth of this kind souls are so glaring that even a dumb man like me did not miss it.
    thanks for the nice words, Varloo.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

My Dear DD,
    You are right. Relationships are the real treasures. and provide us lasting value and make us happy.
    As an accountant I can vouchsafe that the only asset that grows in value every year is the human relationships.
    Yes, they are all treasures to us.

love,
    Your Sripa

5. varalotti

Dear Pooja,

thanks for the flattering fb. Whenever I post in IL I first think of a title and then only manage to think of the contents. To tell a writer that you are addicted to his writings is the greatest compliment you pay to him.

At the same time I hope that this addiction unlike its counterparts, is good and healthy.

Dowry received in the form of money, jewels and other things are ephemeral. After a few years you wont even remember what you got. But relationships stand. Love endures.

And pooja, let me wish and bless you that you should have a very caring, a very loving husband who appreciates you and looks into your loving heart all the time.

Please write our names on the wedding invitation list. Indhu and I will be there for the grand occasion.
    love,
    vara

6. varalotti

Dear Padma,

Well, masala papads are served as appetizers. Appetizers you know are like the advance pilots for a VVIP convoy. They go a little ahead of the VVIP and clear the road for him.

I only hope that LA 12 is worth this kind of an advance pilot.

Having got that priceless dowry I could not bring myself to think of anything else. I still remember the scene. Indhu's father and his brother were sitting before my father. I was standing by the side. (we did not have enough chairs in the house at that time)

Indhu's father asked hesitantly, 'what do you want.... '
    My father smiled and told him. "Nothing." Whatever you want to do for your daughter is fine with me. But don't give any cash."
    Then my fil insisted that he will give 2k for my dresses. In those days I could get a full suit plus three sets of new dresses with that money.

And Padma, IL is famous for dils accusing their in-laws. But your words of praise for your in-laws are quite moving. In fact you are the richest woman for there is no greater blessing than being surrounded by good, kind people.

I only pity those idiots who study to enhance their dowry value. Poor souls, they are several rungs below the normal human beings in the evolutionary ladder. They belong to a zoo or a museum.

Padma, I'll let you know two secrets. LA 12 is going to be of XXL size as you have been waiting for 14 days. And two, it may come on the Valentine's day. ha ha ha.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Very happy to note that the draft of LA 12 is ready and most probably released on Valentine's day.

My Advance wishes for the same. I can understand the amount of hard work you have put in for the same.

PS: Sri..... It may not be possible for me to read the same immediately I think, as my younger one is celebrating her birthday and we are also meeting one of the great ILites here. But will promise I will read the same at the first opportunity available.

8. varalotti

dear bas,

thanks for your kind wishes for LA 12. You are right. It drew maximum work from me. But I am happy with the outcome. Not sure whether you will all be happy with it.

As I said elsewhere its going to be an XXL episode. So read it when you are free.

Advance wishes for Akshukutti's b'day. And advance wishes for meeting the great person. I have not been blessed enough, it seems. Otherwise I would have had the honour of meeting that "great ILite". Convey my warm regards to her.
    love,
    boost

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Sridhar,

Must appreciate your never die enthusiasm!
    The masala papad proved to be all it promised, masala and lots of papad too!!

You must have given up on me thinking how hopeless she is, just doesn't make it![​IMG]

Even if it is only an excuse, I want to say that I reserve a special time to read your posts. If I read in a hurry, I may miss out on the full enjoyement of it you see?!:)
    Varalotti and boasting about dowry, the biggest, is like IL being boring...Never can happen!
    Like others, I too thought that this is your Valentine tribute to Indhu. But you did surprise me pleasantly by naming your in-laws as the priceless gems you received as dowry. How nice. Lucky in-laws and luckier Indhu!!
    You did touch hearts Sridhar. Besides, as clever as you are, you just made sure that the next 25 years of your life is going to be more beautiful and charmed!![​IMG]

L, Kamla

10. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear sridhar,

Iam not surprised that you got wonderful bils and sils and their kids as dowry.People can not but like you,your strongest plus point being loving and accepting people as they are and your humility.

Great.I loved the way you have built up th suspense in this thread.But I sincerely feel that you should have only paid dowry to Indu's people.She is so beautiiful,such a charming person.

My blessings and good wishes to both of you.
    love
    mythili

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009