1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Down!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Apr 8, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

She half begged, half carried and almost half dragged that boy who was almost of her shoulder height in to the bus. He had that smile and a stare that was somewhat distant and haunting as well. At that time, there was a loud barking that almost shook me and I turned to where it came from.

There was a stray dog which, I thought then, had reached the conclusion not to run anymore when someone attempted to kick it or beat it anymore, instead try attacking them. It did try with a glare and was very terrifying to look at, even from that distance. The person who tried to hit it with a stone was running, definitely being afraid now. The dog was following him when someone else threw another stone upon it. The dog went berserk and was barking loud and ran here and there, wildly.

The mom of the sick kid was pushing him harder, in to the bus first and was on the footsteps of it, when that boy laughed. It was hollow, to me and soon, I felt that a gripping fear was forming inside me. That mom was helpless and tried to stop him, but he did not. Almost all passengers were disturbed by that boy's laughter and one who was closer, already started. "Why are you bringing mad people in the bus? Call the mental hospital and go by their van instead!", he shouted at the top of his voice. She pleaded to all and said that he was an autistic kid and won't hurt anyone.

But by then, he and a few others formed a group and went to the conductor asking threatening him to get that boy down. The driver called the conductor just then and they had a chat for less than a minute. Then the driver said, "These two will remain! Those who object - get down!".

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,

This is excellent!!! Driver and conductor are people with human feelings! Hats off to them!!

Syamala

3. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

@ rgs: Good one...Glad to read the end showing humanity :)

4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Syamala, for your appreciation. Interestingly, there is no specific pattern to compassion towards others. Be it rich or poor, we can't easily pinpoint that important quality. Happy to receive your feedback. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Angelic. Very happy to receive a first from you.
    -rgs

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Good end.......

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation Meeta. -rgs