1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Doubts regarding sippy cup

Discussion in 'Infants' started by prana, Jan 18, 2010.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding using sippy cup. Since it has bigger holes DD finds difficult to drink milk from it.She is 9 months old now. Usually she takes milk from bottlebut now I train her to drink from it.Do u people give milk from sippy cup.What is the difference between sipper and sippycup.which is best for giving milk.

If u give milk using it,how u wash it.doesn't the milk stay in the holes??:hide:

Thanks in advance...

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Prana,

I am using the hard tout sippy cup but we need to hold it right now while DD drinks to avoid excess. DD is used to having milk from it now. She suckles on the tout and has milk. Sometimes out of sheer excitement DD ends taking too much and starts coughing. The Nuby sippy cup with soft tout provides control on the drinking and avoids excess from going in the mouth. DD somehow didn't like it may be bcoz we first introduced her to hard tout sippy.
    Now I am planning to wean her off to the cup, though we have already started giving her water to drink in mini bowls and can manage drinking in the sippy cup cup too.
    Sipper is with a straw I guess, LO will not be able to do so this early. I wash the sippy cup with warm water. We cannot boil sippies. I still find a strong odour of milk in the bottle even after being washed which doesn't seem to go. In case we rinse properly, milk will not stay in the holes. The washing instructions are given on the package too.

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lee,

Thank you so much for your reply. I too try to give milk from the cup but milk somewhat spells.

Yes I too rinse it with the hot water.

How s your DD..whats her name.....My princess name is Samyuktha....

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Prana,

DD's name is Lenora. Samyukta is a nice name. You can join us on "Calling Mothers" thread to know and share more.

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Lee,

Thank you.I hardly get time to check those threads.Anyway I try my best.Thanks for the welcome.