1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Doubts on H1 validity

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by priyank, Jul 15, 2010.

1. priyank

priyank New IL'ite

Hi all,

I got my H1 in the yr 2008 oct 1st. I started my job search but due to extreme recession couldn't land up with a job. So we planned a kid. Now my mom came from india to help me. And i started with my job search from july 2010. I saw that my H1 is valid till 2011. I am hoping that i will get a job by that time.

But i am thinking of the worst case scenerio that is if i don't get a job by that time my h1 will no longer be valid. So should i again go through the quota process from scratch or if i tell my employer to run some pay stubs........will i be able to get an extension.

Any advice appreciated

With Regards
    Priyank

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Priyank,

I do have a few questions for you :

1) what are you doing currently to maintain your status ? do you have paystubs running from your H1 company ?

2) yes good luck to you ! keep trying for a job. ** touch wood ** if you dont get one , then for applying an extension you will need the following :
    -- past 6 months pay stubs,
    -- past 2 yrs IT returns (W2)
    -- A reason for extension , which is usually a client Contract letter with a roadmap of 3 yrs worth work / project description
    -- + other docs that I am not aware of.

Will you be able to provide all these docs for extension ? if so well and good, if not then dont try to cover up or forge anything. It will backfire on you.

Now-a-days USCIS get very few applications so they have enough time to scrutinize every little detail. Hope you understand this.

3. msvidhya

msvidhya New IL'ite

Dont worry....Even my wife was also in teh same situation with out paystub and job for 3 years. Now she find a job and started working.
    Consultatn filled for extension and she got her H1. Only thing is you have to prove that during the time period of H1, u have H4 legal status. IF so, USCIS is going to approve ur visa. FYI...We went thru PP processing and received RFE.

4. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I dont think Priyank is in H4 right now.

5. priyank

priyank New IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for ur replies :)

I am presently on H4. I converted my status from H1 to H4 since i will not be working. Then when i get a project i can transfer to my H1 on PP.

With Regards
    Priyank