1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Do's and Don'ts- Diet for diseases

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by yams, Aug 19, 2011.

1. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Following the thread of diets to overcome various diseases Here i have thought to share about the diets for serious diseases that has to be avoided in order to overcome them and the same to enhance the nutrition during such diseases.

First of all we go with Renal Failure.

Renal failure:

Renal (kidney) failure means that your kidneys are not able to get rid of all the wastes from your blood.These wastes come from the foods you eat and the liquids you drink.

Do's and Don'ts:

You will need to limit the amount of protein,sodium,phosphorous and potassium in your daily food items.

sometimes these are unavoidable in such cases

for sake if your having a milk for a day just take half a cup. similarly all protein items say milk products.
    in case of meat whether chicken mutton beef or anything have one or one and half ounce not more than it.

vegetable items

cabbage, sprouts, beans,lettuce,cucumber are all with low potassium

carrot.corn,peas.calliflower mushroom,spinach,squash eggplant and onions with medium potassium.

avoid potatoes and cooked spinach which has high content of potassium.

fruits

grapes,blueberry all have low potassium

an apple pineapple,mango,strawberry watermelon all have medium potassium

avoid banana, orange, pear and honeydew melon

Take more of calcium

avoid sodium content food items sauce ketchep etc try to see that the potassium content in blood doesn't raise up.

what i have said is just little. eat enough calories that is needed for your health follow the diet as prescribed by the dietician.

also not enough calories leads your health to be down. Eat healthy and live wealthy.

share your part friends.

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

One of my friend's mother is having kidney failure.. Thanks for the info.. I'll share with them. :)