1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Doordarshan oldie goldies!

Discussion in 'TV' started by Nivedi, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Nivedi,

Yes - I remember those newsreaders - DD news was all that there was those days. I also recall another serial called Idhar Udhar with Supriya phatak. It used to air on Sunday mornings and was a comedy. Also Fauji - which launched Shah Rukh Khan and who can forget Siddarth Basu and his quiz shows - a hit long before KBC.

Cheers..
    Mythraeyi

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Mythraeyi for reminding me of Quiz Show on Sunday by Siddhartha Basu. I forgot the title of the quiz show? Do you remember?

3. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Sindhuja,
    No.. I've been racking my brain but cannot recall the name of the show. sorry!

4. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear Nivedi well said:2thumbsup:
    weekly once only film,film songs,sunday programes wow,it was very nice days on those days. for kids he-man,jungle book,spiderman,putli baba ki,lots,
    for elders ramayan,mahabharat. hmm,now always serials,same repeated film songs,films in all the channels,so boring......:bangcomp:
    2 days back i saw magaleer mattum(ladies only) programme in DD podhigai(tamil) very interesting talk show,in that ladies will share their bad experience how did they suffered & how did came out from that hell,like,lady police,ladies welfare association,advocate,DR. they will help the ladies to come out from their probs give solution & help,advice like that. really very nice programme.

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Ladies - I think the quiz show was called Quiz Time.

Ragini Prakash - I remember Aashiana and Udaan was such a hit.

Sindhuja - Rail Sneham was the first serial of KB. It had Nizhalgal Ravi and the heroine was seen first and last in that serial. It was about a relationship that starts off in a train. And then there was Madisaaru Maami with K R Vijaya riding a Kinetic Honda!

All you ladies have refreshed my memories with serials that I had long forgotten. Those 80's shows were charming in a certain way. They did not bombard our minds with too much of plots and sub plots.

Mythraeyi - Thanks for reminding us of Fauji. Many did not think that SRK would make it this big after Fauji - he did not look like hero material those days.

Vivbass - Thanks for joining in and making our memories green with Jungle book and Putli baba. Sundays were such special days then.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  6. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Even 'Khaandaan' , 'Ghar Jamai' were good family serials -- maybe the first mega soap type , where there was a story which ended !! Nowadays they just find ways to drag the serials .......... either kill somebody, then get somebody else for some weeks, then bring back that dead person with another face :evil: ....... utter crap ! Making a fool of those who are watching .

I also remember 'Mr. Ya Mrs.' with Jayant kriplani & Archana puran singh , 'Vikram aur Betaal' , 'Ek Kahani', 'Rajni' which made Baby Guddu a household name and Amol Palekars 'Ados Pados' , which whole family used to sit & enjoy ! There was also a late night serial with Kittu Gidwani called 'Air Hostess' which was discontinued...and Amol Palekars' take on 'Little women' called Kachchi Dhoop.
    Sat. eve. would be 'kanmani poonga' & Sun. eve. we would impatiently wait for Narottam Puri to stop his lecture on 'World of Sports' so that we could watch 'Wonder Balloon' ; then the ladies would watch some Tamil movie while we went out to play and we can hear the dialogues of the movie from every house on the street !!!

7. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I dont know much about Doordarshan as I am based here in UK but I have seen Buniyaad on videos and loved every bit of the serial. Also a Punjabi serial Sanjha Chulla was superb. These soaps have absolutely no comparison with what you get today. My mother watches Star Plus & Sony Ent serials and all I can see is the TV stars advertising jewellery and those classic saris!!! Come on you drama producers! show some reality? I dont know of any housewifes walking about the house dressed to kill and loaded with dangling earrings and heavy jewellery!! Another absurd and popular item is showing the heroines getting married several times, as if love is a sick joke. What lessons, if any, are to be learnt form these soaps today? none! It is a total waste of time. Watch a documentary or a meaningful art film. dont get me wrong! I am all for entertainment but with some reality!!! at least make the viewer feel he/she is in the natural world rather than fake duniya. Hope I dont sound sad...

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Nivedi,
    Thanks for the Rayil Sneham synopsis. I am still trying to recollect.

regards,
    Sindhu

9. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

Reena ur absolutely right in saying that todays soaps operas have no morals to give. But instead they are just doing the opposite, creating jealousy, bitterness, revenge, greed, materialism, and many other wrong virtues, which may be carved into the young minds of children and teenagers.........

Ya but i also enjoyed all those old doordarshan serials.........Ye jo hai zindagi, Nukkad, Rajni, Waghle ki duniya, Buniyaad, Humlog, Airhostess from which i got the inspiration and ambition to become an airhostess, not to forget Chitrahaar where we used to see new and old film songs, the one movie which we used to wait for a whole week to see it on sunday, also kids favourites, he-man, potli baba ki, vikram beetal (very scary), spiderman, jungle book, etc.......

I would like to suggest one thing. If any of our Indusladies members has any contacts at Doordarshan, we can request the Doordarshan people to make a repeat telecast of our favourite serials....... Wat say? Let me know about my suggestion. It may be not possible, but dont know maybe..............?????????

10. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Sindhuja,
    I think the Raghuvaran serial was called 'Tharayil irangum vimaanangal' where he'll come as the youngest of 3 sons ---- it was very naturally taken serial. His elder brother's wife [manni] was the only one who understood & supported him ; that role was acted by Ragini, who later married to actor Karthik.