1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Doodle A Word, A Day! :)

Discussion in 'Drawings / Sketchings / Photography' started by kaniths, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@kaniths
    Kudos to you for the effort you had taken in finest post index Gif and summed up doodle.:clap2::thumbup:

kaniths likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

There are tools actually, a few lines of code, some drag and drop will do the data viz, gif etc. The effort here is trying to put up a doodle in place of graphs, to make the axis and numbers from the charts fit meaningfully in a doodle theme. I enjoy drawing so it feels fun all the way. My pleasure. Thank you for checking out. :blush:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Gauri03 and Mistt like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@kaniths,

Congratulations on being nominated to the FP by @Gauri03 and your analysis deserve a lot more than that. I am not sure whether to appreciate for the great analysis or the wonderful doodle more. Thank you.

Only one can win among many nominations. An analysis of maximum amount of nominations also, in my view, plays a major role as most consider nomination by the members itself as a major recognition than winning. They say it also many times in their responses.

Viswa

kaniths likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I'm aware. At the start of the post I did mention that of the many possible use cases, I'm only taking in account a few (this time). Averagely there are 20 nominations per month, to consider all the nominations and nominators btwn 2010 to 2018 (time frame of my analysis here) could be quite a big number (red moon size in the doodle aka 2120!). Calls for a separate project...another day, another time. :innocent:

Thank you. :blush:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#chARTzzz :sleeping: #DoodlezzzINeverMade :blush:

4:
    5:
    6:
    Mention of "Trophy Points" elsewhere reminded me of a doodle concept I had thought of sometime back... The "IL Social Monopoly" board game! :sweatsmile:

bg1.jpg

In the game, usually, the boxes are "Properties / Houses". Here imagine it as the different forums on IL.

In place of the trading money notes, "Trophy Points" can be exchanged.

The 4 corners of the board can be like:

Go - Start as usual. The player/member to start first can be based on maximum dice throws or with their starting trophy points.

(Instead of) Jail - Low mobile / device battery so unplug or go offline and miss a turn.

Rest House - Community chit chat or chatter spaces. Coffee and conversations, so miss a chance.

Left out corner end could be the FP place. That is when a player is here and if the member is also an FP winner they get extra dice turns.

Based on the Forum data extracted, a forum's posts/threads count can be the number of trophy points to exchange when members land on that respective forum boxes in the board.

bgfrm.jpg

The same forum size data can be used to arrange them in the board (from Go point to end) in ascending order may be or however suitable.

bgqm1.jpg

In between, the question mark boxes could be made special. Say "Taxes" (for the FP wins or for high member scores, hence lose some trophy points) and "Donations" (lose points again), etc.

"Treasure boxes" and "Free Bonuses" (to gain extra trophy points).

"Jackpot" would be a surprise option, where members either lose or gain based on dice throws.

A "U-Turn" to go back and restart all over again!

Lol. Just some abstract ideas and drafts. For now. :relaxed:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#chARTzzz:sleeping: #DoodlezzzINeverMade :blush:

7:
    Remember the weekly doodle dumps of 2018? :blush:

This is the color analysis for the same, all the colors I have used and their ratio of usage for weeks 1-17.

color1.jpg

For the above data, I wished to do a 5 colored (with the prime colors listed down in the image) rainbow "uniKorn", stuck in an Instagram selfie frame and as grumpy as me! Turned out like this, very basic idea indeed and I didn't like it myself. :relieved:

color2.jpg
    color-3.jpg

Lol. Yeah I know, unfinished businesses. :facepalm:

Leaving it all here anyway as a reminder to self. Someday maybe. :oops:

Last edited: May 3, 2019