1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Trust Cheeniya

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla:

I can't see why you don't have a clue. Didn't I search across the whole world to put up the picture of a monkey enjoying an ice-cream in sultry Kolkata. It is only after Cheeniya saw that picture that he got the idea of writing a book called "Women Have Tails". He is thinking of dedicating it to one of his favourite authors, P.G. Wodehouse. He definitely had you in his mind when he was erasing the "r" in the Mindi's fb-trail. Didn't you notice the :biglaughhe ended up with. He laughed so much on that day that he even forgot to drink his morning coffee. Make no mistake. He did have you too in his mind.

So, trusting Cheeniya continues. All because he helped you edit. Well, as I told Mindi, don't blame me when he gets into his act. I mean I did give you my dime's worth of advice.

Oh yes, it does sound like Kameena, doesn't it? Didn't occur to me at all. He puts two lovely women together calls the collection ONE kameena. Just think of the horror. Yet, as I said not long ago, women will be women. You would rather trust this guy who called you Kameena, than the guy who tried to offer you protection. God has never been fair to me when it comes to women.

Well, you now know that the other part has not reappeared, edited and enlarged. So, this is not something you had to delete from IL!! Thank God!

Love.

oj-da

2. ojaantrik

Thanks a lot Shail! I really appreciate these encouraging fb's from you. Sometimes though, the depression will resurface. As I have amply warned many I'Lites, I am a highly unstable person. Someone told me it has something to do with my horoscope.

Love.

oj-da

3. ojaantrik

Oh come on, Vyas' friend. It was you who forced me to read this endlessly long tale. It took me so long to read this huge compendium, I was already 108 years old before I came to IL. And now you suggest a "kamandal" for me. YOU of all the lady killers.

Let me take you back to your Vyas friend for a while. Recall the Kach-Devyani tale in the Adi-Parva. Vrihashpati's son Kach was sent to Shukracharya's abode to learn from him the secret of Mrita-sanjivani. And what did Kach tell Shukracharya, the Ashuras' Guru? He clearly said that he would be spending the next 1000 years at Shukracharya's feet. And by the time he had spent 500 years this way, Shukracharya's daughter, whose age your good friend leaves unspecified, fell madly in love with Kach.

I need not tell you the rest of the story. But you must give the devil (i.e. me) its due. If Kach didn't need a "kamandal" at 500, why on earth do you want to burden me with this old age diaper!

Wear it yourself, instead of Kamandal-ing me. :rant

oj

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Ah! So much repartee and I wasn't even a party to it!

Well, after a super busy week with visiting guests, a birthday party, couple of outings ( no, not That sort of outing), an allergy attack and two dinners hosted by me, I come back here to see the wit and words flying around like nobody's business!

Oj-da, I am learning or refreshing my memories about many characters from our own past, thanks to you. Had almost forgotten Kuch-Devyani. And...Oh yes, thanks to Cheeniyasir too, I remembered the holy Kamandal! Not that any of you need it in a hurry judging from your mindsets camouflaged well behind those clever words!

Trying to attach tails to us, especially the lovely Mindian, will not work. Tails or trails, we have our own highly cultivated intelligence and we can see through your words. Trust that!

L, Kamla

5. ojaantrik

@ kamla

Dear "L, Kamla dear":

I have often wondered about the "L," thing with which you sign off. Now, whatever you want it to be read as, a reader should have his freedom, right? So, don't blame me that I have turned it into "Lovely" without your permission.

And let me tell you why you are lovely. In this cyber world, one must learn that mind stands far above matter. Your mind dear, your mind is what I call lovely. I am sure your matter is lovely too. But I love minds to distraction. Or else, why should Cheeniya and Kamalji tresspass into my computer and force me to miss them?

And, of course, the ladies too, the ones who have offered me so much affection and friendship that I keep on wondering how a mean old man such as I could deserve it. I won't name them, but I have my list. A long, long list remember.

As I read your fb just now I felt absolutely elated.

An fb that begins with a line such as this cannot but fail to win my heart. Here is another one I received from Kelly1966:

I loved this line so much that I had little problem in choosing whom to gift the "Message" service when I was given the option. I looked around and discovered that most people were already using it. And thank God that I noticed that Kelly didn't use it. So, I had no problem at all. It really doesn't matter whether she ends up using it or not. But she deserves a gift for the line that she gifted me. Her gift of course is far more precious than what I gifted her. You know why? It's because my gift has a small price tag. Her gift is priceless!

And of course, each piece that TL writes is full of gems.

Well, that's what I felt elated about. Can you see the quality of the prose that contributers in IL are contributing? Does it indicate that people are putting their best into what they write here? Or does it not? Am I simply gullible? Do I simply imagine things?

Well, I want to believe that this is not the case. That I am right in my conclusion that IL is getting richer. Some minds, not just Cheeniya's, are soaring. And that's all I want to see. That's all I live for. With or without Cheeniya's Kamandal!

When did I ever tell you L, Kamla that I don't trust you? Kamalji brought me here for sure, but it was you who ensured that I stay on by reading up a good deal of rubbish I was writing at the time. :)

Incidentally, your allergy attack brought back to my mind a humorous Bengali short story about a person who was diagnosed as suffering from an allergy. After much research, they discovered that allergy stood for LRG. And LRG in turn happened to be the initials for Lalita Rani Gupta. The story had a happy ending, needless to say.

Wishing you every kind of happiness, cyber as well as non-cyber.

oj-da

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010