1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Trust Cheeniya

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oj-da/pa!!

Don't worry, I shall not prolong it to 'ma ga' etc though I did jump into a song and dance mode to have a whole post by the eminent Ojaantrik addressed to me! Something a little mousy me never ever expected!! And to be sharing the limelight with no less than Mindi who did not even let a mighty star perturb her was an honor indeed:)

I have no clue as to how I got this recognition. At least Mindi had her enounters of the fourth kind to her credit and the mighty Cheeniya 's fb about the long tail/trail! Ha ha ha, this was superbly hilarious and I am running out of adjectives to describe and ascribe to your posts.:thumbsup

About not trusting Cheeniya, that is never going to happen! When one of your sos's reach me about deleting or editing , I do have to grapple and grope as to why such wonderful words need to land in delete bin and if not for the wise words of our Cheensaar, I would be still drowning in the confused waters!:drowning

[Talking of 'mighty' Cheeniya, I was not quite flattered with 'Kamindila'! A sort of 'kameena' was hidden in there...saar, are you listening?!! :rant)
    My friend Mindi may not mind it too much though, 'cause she does not seem to read between lines!:-D]

And now we come to this 'editing' problem! Am I lucky or what that I read your post in all its glory earlier and enjoyed the ever so funnily written 'other stories' with much relish. Due to lack of time (yes, as always) I came back today to give my feedback and I search in vain for THAT post of Ojaantrik which seems to have disappeared! Ofcourse experience told me to go through the Snippets carefully to detect a mutated form and lo behold, I land here! Why o why did you want to delete all that which was written so well and had a touch of Kamalji to it, jumping from one story to the next??

Oj-da, you Are incorrigible!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri, OJ Da,

You are one hell of a writers. Just love reading all of you.:rotfl

Rest assured, life will no longer be depressing, negative, (put in all the not so happy adjectives in it) with persons like you both around.

Three cheers to the mind regaling men:thumbsup

Regards,:)
    Shail

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    That Kamindila was coined with a purpose. When OJ starts getting ideas about you and Mindi not appropriate to his paternal status, kamindila will remind him that he is on the threshold of having to start carrying water in a 'Kamandala' for his spiritual rituals!
    Sri

4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Re: Don't Trust Cheeniya and Other Stories

Dear TL:

You caught me on the wrong foot all right. This letter should have been addressed to all women on earth simultaneously. Now that I know what Cheeniya is up to. I should have alerted them all.

You did well to read this letter and I am happy that you have agreed to award my tip off the recognition it deserves. Only time will prove the martyrdom I suffered by standing between Cheeniya and the fair sex. But I failed, which is why I am a martyr. You can see, Mindi, naughty girl, would simply not listen to me.

The elephant thing called for a separate post I decided. And now you have read it too I noted. I conducted a blog-ectomy and produced two posts out of the original one. Just to ensure that people don't mix up the issues.

Love.

oj-da

5. ojaantrik

@ Kamal-ji

Dear Kamal:

I decided to cut up the thread you commented on into two parts, a bit like the P.C. Sorcar woman dissesction trick. Unlike Sorcar's case though, a woman cut up into two halves ceases to be a woman, whole or part. The blog thing has an advantage. They grow independent legs or torsos and you get two posts out of one. Anyway, I also felt that the sadhu, elephant thing required a good deal of revision. It is up now as Cheeniya, Wodehouse and Other Stories.

Let's see if I can keep doing this. You don't like my love stories do you? Too sad are they? On the other hand, writing the stuff you like is quite demanding. As K2S has discovered, it was 1.30 AM in the morning when I was finally ready to post the first version of Cheeniya, Wodehouse etc.

Let's see.

oj

All the best.

oj

6. ojaantrik

@ kelly1966

Oh, thank you K for eavesdropping. This was a post that was supposed to inspire eavesdropping more than anything else. And if you really acted that way then my purpose is served.

Comments such as yours make my day. In the case of this particular post, I have to admit that IL has given me back far more than I ever gave the community.

Best wishes.

oj kaku

7. ojaantrik

@ k2s

At long last the 107 years I have been living appear to have been worth living. I was living in a world of silence and now, without notice, so many messages. I am not used to this. Like a poor man, I might develop diarrhoea after eating an unaccustomed meal at a rich neighbour's house.

I don't know how to thank all of you. I mean thank you enough.

Best wishes good friend.

oj-da

8. ojaantrik

@ mindi

Hmmm... Well, don't tell me I didn't warn you about a potential disaster. Cheeniya, btw, was found dancing a hip wiggling rumba, somewhat in the spirit of Prof. Moriarty, who landed fame all on account of Holmes' desperate struggle to expose his machinations for the benefit of humanity.

I guess, paternal love is irrational. It burdens wayward children with unnecessary caution, forgetting that children are meant to grow up into independent thinking!

Yes, you are right. Satisfaction is one of the world's most illusive feelings as far as I am concerned. I write merely to find faults with myself it would seem. Someone mightier than Cheeniya is involved in this. Some call him or her God. As I have often noted, God endowed us with a dim vision of perfection, but not the ability to reach the goal. The goal is ever receding.

Will be seeing more of you good friend. Stay well.

oj-da

9. ojaantrik

@ natpudan

Dear Natpudan"

Statistician? Hmmm ... In truth, I am an economist. But economists do tinker with statistics too. So it's OK I guess, so long as statisticians don't find out.

Regarding the trailer idea, you seem to be possessed with clairvoyance to say the least. Following this post, I did put up a longer one. It spoke about tails for sure, but it was really concerned with other serious matters. It drew the attention of all honest people to a special class of people who wear spectacles and spectacles alone. I was most disturbed to watch them through my own spectacles. I was scared to death in fact because these people appeared on TV and I thought the Govt. of India had passed a new law that people who wore specs would not be allowed to wear anything else at all. All their mortal possessions, clothing in particular, would have to be donated to poor people to solve India's income inequality problems.

I was so disturbed that I put up this long thread while they still let me retain my computer. Dark days are ahead, let me assure you.

Mournfully yours,

oj-da

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  10. ojaantrik

Dear Sri:

What's the problem man? You are behaving like an enemy! Here I am trying to impress two lovely ladies and you come up with "Kamindila", packing up two women into one. Hey, have you lost your sense? Two is greater than one. Didn't they teach you counting at school.

Besides, "Kamindila" sounds precariously close to "Nikumbhila". Had Meghnad been able to perform the Nikumbhila Yajna, Lord Rama would have to return to Ayodhya empty handed. Nikumbhila, in my opinion is the Ramayana parallel of Karna's death at Arjuna's hand in the Mahabharata. Both Lakshman as well as Arjuna acted with supreme cowardice as well as injustice. The attacked with arms and two unarmed men!!

Kamindila won't do for me. Nor Mikamlindia. Nor nothing else. I love them equally for sure, but that does not allow me to be indifferent between their name sequence. Actually, to avoid logical traps, I decided to love each one of them more than the other. In other words, I didn't want to be faced with the tragedy that befell Buridan's ass. This perfectly rational ass had to choose between a stack of hay and a bucketful of water standing midway between them. The ass found it impossible to make a rational decision about which one to choose first. The result was that he died of hunger as well as thirst. Of course, I am not sure if I don't face the same paradox if I were to love each one more than the other. Tough. But I would rather die than treat TWO beautiful ladies as one beautiful lady.

No fella, you don't kill me that easily. And what veneer are you speaking of? I don't wear veneers, thick or thin. Ha!!

You really think so? This "Don't Trust Cheeniya" is going to make you even more famous than you already are? Hmmm... You have a point there. I have to be careful. My well-planned strategy to unseat you from the position of Supreme Lord at IL appears to have failed. Hmmm... I need to be advised by an omniscient Guru. Yet the only Guru in sight appears to be you. How can I ask you for the mantra to help me rise higher than you in IL Guru-cracy? This takes me precariously close once again, to what the Pandavas did to Bhishma. Your own friend Vyas told me this story. If you don't believe me, go ask him.

Madhubala and Nat King Cole. Hey, I am dying with pleasure even to think of the combination!! Please let me live a few more days dear. I promise not to analyse your thoughts in public anymore.

Of course I saw your signature. What do you think? Am I blind? Only, I didn't realize that it applies to me too. But don't accuse me of senility yet dear fella. I have not yet started to wet my pants. I mean I do wet my pants, but no one's caught me in the act so far.

Lovely Mindi has told me pointblank that she will remain innocent (as well as lovely). Where does it take me as a teacher? The student refuses to learn! I am sitting here jobless if you want to know.

I guess I should not have awarded them tails you know. I remember the expression "lionine", which, according to some authorities, refers to the way a lioness walks. She swishes her tail to erase all traces of her pug marks. I have second thoughts now. A woman with a tail, if she were to develop lionine propensities, could be capable of a "perfect murder". Couldn't she? No traces left behind. No, our I'Lites don't possess tails. They possess great hearts I instead.

No, I absolutely refuse to unwear anything I wear. I have already put up a thread on people who specialize in unwearing all they possess except spectacles. So, my cry baby mask will remain with me. Every now and then I will wear it and howl and cry!!

I am not going to leave you alone that easily!

oj