1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

donkey's milk for kids

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by divyagshenoy, Sep 18, 2014.

1. divyagshenoy

divyagshenoy Senior IL'ite

Hi Parents,

Today near my house, i saw a man with a donkey and he was selling donkey's milk. Few of my neighbours purchased it. When enquired, they told it is good for kids. It increases their appetite. I googled and found so many articles about that.
    Wanted to know if anyone have tried that for their kids and if yes, can you please share the pros and cons. My Kid is a fussy eater and he is not gaining weight as well.
    It would be really helpful for me if u guys could share it please...

1 person likes this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

During baby feeding time we will provide once in a day for 3 days... not more than that.

pl. filter the milk with pure white cloth because it contains Donkey Hair and give 1 -2 spoon that's all.

When we sought or talk loudly my grand ma will say you had more donkey milk during baby stage.. :) no reason and no proof :)

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have not heard of this before. Whatever it is do talk to your pediatrician before trying it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

They used to give donkey's milk to newborn babies once only during the first day or second day. They used to tell it gives warmth to the body and increases immunity.

But it is not advised anymore. Impurities in the milk will be producing sepsis and diarrhoea in the newborn child. It is very important for the baby to suckle the mother as much as possible to get colostrum and to increase the milk supply. If the baby is given anything else like donkey's milk, tummy will be full, baby will not suckle at the breast and looses colostrum, milk supply decreases.