1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Donating your blood.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Jun 4, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I have this habit of going through the notice board while swiping IN/OUT from office. Yesterday I was swiping out and running my eyes through the notice board as usual when a notice caught my attention.

A blood donation camp is held on sometime next week and all those who would like to donate their blood have to be at a particular room anytime that day. For a long time I was thinking of donating blood and when I saw this I made a mental note of time and venue. Even before donating blood I was on cloud nine praising myself for such a good deed. [I cannot help praising and complimenting myself whenever I feel I have done a good deed for human kind]. With a smile on my face I was walking to catch my bus and suddenly a thought struck me…Oh! No…now all the happiness of donating blood was going to get affected. I was reminded how I dread a syringe:shaking:. [The rendezvous between me and syringe have never been a pleasant experience for myself and whoever there were with me that time.]

Whenever I get an injection the entire hospital will come to know about it. Till nurses get out their weapon they will be all love for me and the moment I see the syringe I start crying out loud and their love will soon be replaced with scolding:rant(yeah you read it correct, though am this grown up I cant control my tears on seeing a needle.) It’s that guy’s fault who gave me my first injection. Somewhere I read if the first injection a child gets is painful she/he can’t help being afraid of it her/his entire lifetime. Am sure many of you will agree with me that, though it’s not that painful the sight of syringe will take at least a heartbeat from you.

So coming back to my blood donation….the thoughts I was having were “What if the nurse is not able to find my vein?” , “What if she pierced it in the wrong place?” , “What if…..?” And now am trying to console myself saying “Oh! Ami this is not for you. You will get some other opportunity to say society that you care for them”. So you know am really confused now….:confused2:

I appreciate those who have donated their blood:bowdown and would love to know the experience you had while donating your blood or stories that led you to do this good deed.Please share them here.

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Ami good one. We also have these blood donation drives twice a year and last week only i got a reminder from the blood bank that our next camp is due.

I too can't stand the sight of the syringe and my stomach starts revolting...but now atleast i am trying to be stronger by being around in that room and also going to hospitals and helping them as part of our social service projects.

3. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Hi Ami,

My mother did this many times though I have not done once. I will in future for sure :). You will be surprised to hear that I am so scared of taking tablets, but I am perfectly fine with the injection ( is it weird?!). My husband had to beg/cajole/remind/force me to eat prenatal every single day when I was pregnant. I am still on it as I am feeding my baby. I will be out of it in few months and I am so happy thinking about it. Sorry, I got deviated from the topic. My mom stopped donating from past few years as her hemoglobin content was less and it is not advisable to donate the same. but I am sure she found so much happiness in donating blood. So, I will definitely encourage you to donate as it will bring so much happiness in you as well as the ppl who get the benefit.