1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what they have been through.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 29, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Noone likes to be compared with the other person, especially children.When they are compared with someone they will lose interest in their work so better not to compare them. Even others dont like to be compared because each individual is different and have different talents . All cant be the same. Someone else may start out faster than us , may seem to progress more quickly than us but everyone have their own journey. Its not a competition.

I have mostly received good comparison saying something good about me. So have felt happy, but the other person with whom I was compared felt bad. I am not boasting myself but telling my experience. When I was working I used to be very fast in typing so finish my work fast. Thats why I got promotions and though I joined as Typist I was promoted as Steno, then later as Senior Assistant in the Company. There was another friend who was also a South Indian and her boss used to always give my example that she should be fast and organise the work proplery .Because of that she always used to feel inferior than me and always compare her life with mine. She was the eldest in the family and her father also passed away , so she had to take care of her family and struggle a lot. Later when she got married though it was love marriage she had lot of problems and her husband was also in ship and till she was working she could not go to places with her husband . Her son also got married late and another son of hers is still to be married. I feel sorry for her , till we were working she always felt jealous of me and always feel inferior , only after she left office she became close to me. Because of others comparison the friendship might be lost

Never judge your strength by comparison, because there is always going to be someone who is more experienced than you. Judge by your dedication to what you do, and your ability to make progress. And even if there is someone better than you, use that as motivation, and strive to become betterbecause that's what they did.
    Aaron DeCamp quotes | added by: lunastixaaron

“Jealousy is Born out of comparison” Osho. And we have been taught to compare, we have been conditioned to compare, always compare. Somebody else has a better house, somebody else has a more beautiful body, somebody else has more money, somebody else has a more charismatic personality. Compare, go on comparing yourself with everybody else you pass by, and great jealousy will be the outcome; it is the by-product of the conditioning for comparison.

Comparison is a very foolish attitude, because each person is unique and incomparable.

8 people like this.

2. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

I fully agree with not comparing, especially amongst children. Unfortunately, our life is full of comparisons at schools and at work. I am glad to see that schools now do not give ranks as much and are moving towards percentiles. This, while still compare, at least acknowledges that we are one amongst others.

2 people like this.
  3. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Very well told vijima... we need to learn this lesson to be successful in life.. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bharadwaj dear glad to get your like and first fb. True our life is full of comparisons but atleast when we grow up we dont feel so bad as we feel when we are kids and that spoils are future.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabari dear how are you, glad to see you here. Ya dear I agree with your views

6. 123thirumala

123thirumala Silver IL'ite

ur thread should be an eye opener to the parents who always campare their children with others

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your fb dear