Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by iyerviji, Dec 8, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Just felt like writing this post , I dont know whether it makes any sense

Shakespeare’s Mother Said to him

“You are very weak in English If you fail this time,I will not let you continue your studies.”
    Shakespeare did not pass M.A.English. But now no one can pass M.A. English without reading Shakespeare.
    Don’t try to achieve the higher degrees but always try to achieve higher knowledge….

Everyday starts with some expectation but everyday ends with some expereince , this is life , so enjoy

From the time we are born till we die we are learning something. Some people learn through education and some through experience. Everyday we learn something if we make use of the opportunity we get. From children to the senior citizens everyone teaches something or other.We never feel lonely if we have a book, they become best friends. Those who are interested in reading books, forget the world and get engrossed in the book especially those who are interested in reading stories. They will not keep the book down unless they finish the whole book. I have experienced that in my younger days but after the children were born no time for reading books as I was a working woman too. In younger days have read spiritual books too and gone for Kalakshebam but like some people cant narrate everything what I read.

The books that help you most are those which make you think that most. The hardest way of learning is that of easy reading; but a great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep freighted with truth and beauty.

Life Experience is indeed an invaluable education. And truly that is the difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.

In my life I have seen many who have not studied much but with their hard work and experience have reached higher level. But now a days people see the education and whether they hold a big post and then only agree to marry that person. Some have remained single because of that.
    In life we learn from our mistakes and have to be careful not to make that mistake again. Some people learn everything either by education or experience but dont make use of them when necessary. We have to learn to be humble , teach everyone the same way, help the needy and as far as possibl edo good, because good things will always come with us.

If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.
    ~ Ignacio Estrada

Really, isn’t this so true — quite often we to teach and guide our children in the direction of our vision which is colored by our lenses… By doing,it is possible the we can fail to see the child’s potential – Open up – Remove the lenses and understand the child’s talent…. Each child is a genius in his or her own way…. Recognize and harness those talents…

6 people like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carr

Mami,

Thanks for your thread.

I do agree, life's experience no one can learn from any books. So true, you are able to think more clearly, logically as well, but more than anything else you are able to understand purpose of life. Atleast I was always wondering about it, now I really kind of understanding it. I am able to think outside my box of my family and able to appreciate people and community in general.

It is true, knowledge through academic education is essential to finding job and establish your career, financial security etc etc. But even then, they would require experience either in the field of work to enable them to continue with their work.

Life is always going to be an endless journey of learning either by education or by experience obtained otherwise. No one can live to experience all those things in life, that is the reason we learn from elders who would have experienced many things in life, which we might or might not encounter. I have heard the below quote, innumerable times in my life, by my colleagues which I like a lot.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself. ~Alfred Sheinwold

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Re: Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carr

Thank you very much for making my day for your first feedback so far. Also thank you for always inspiring me and encouraging me with your lovely feedbacks for all my threads. Yes dear to lead a successful life education and experience both are essential. Thank you for the thought provoking thought dear

[/QUOTE]

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

Reading your title I was reminded of this Sanskrit Shubhasheeta..

न चोरहार्यं न च राजहार्यं न भ्रातृभाज्यं न च भारकारि।
    व्यये कृते वर्धत एव नित्यं विद्याधनं सर्वधनप्रधानम् ॥

Not stolen by thieves, not seized by kings, not divided amongst brothers, not heavy to carry. The more you spend, the more it flourishes always - The wealth of knowledge is the most important among all kinds of wealth.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

My dear Sabita I am so glad to see you in my thread, its really a surprise and such a thought provoking feedback you have given which made my day. Today seems to be a good day for me because ILites are surprising me with their sweet messages and to see you here I am very happy. Missing you in snippets with your feedbacks and threads . Glad to learn something through you today . God bless you

Thank you very much for the Sanskrit Shubhasheeta with meaning

1 person likes this.
  6. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Mam ,

Your post is so inspiring . Thanks for writing down your valuable experience .

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Welcome to my thread @keethi dear and glad to know my post is inspiring

1 person likes this.