Doing/Learning New Things Club

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by veen, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ruby1952003

ruby1952003 New IL'ite

hi friend I am Ruby,please any one can tell me how i can improve my English ilove it i am not bad in it but want to improve it more Thanks and keep smiling:)

2. amudha49

amudha49 New IL'ite

learning to keep brain more active by doing exercise from site www. luminosity.com and Brain fit.com

its both fun as well as ur happy because day by day ur speed , accuracy etc increases

3. sugigomes

sugigomes New IL'ite

hai
    i w'd like to join the club too.i love to try new things. infact i hate to repeat.i made a paper bag out of package material & it was a success.:)

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi veen

this is a fantastic thread you have started.

Well i am also a person, who thinks, we should learn soemthing new daily.
    kepp reinventing ourself.

i was learning MS Acess, few weeks back, in between, there was no one to motivate me, now seeing this thread, i will start it from where i left it.

i learnt swimming, but learnt only one basic stroke. Would like to learn other strokes als :)

sugi gomes: can you share how you made paperbag, we can try that too.

amudha: thanks for the site name. i am also interested in brain games. i also play sometimes scrabble game online www.pogo.com.

ruby: you go in google website and type "Teach myself english". you will get lots of websites which will help you. you can choose, which one you find easier.

5. sugigomes

sugigomes New IL'ite

hello everyone ,
    i am checking in after a week.why i don't see any new posts????i was putting a new wall paper on my kitchen myself.not bad really .
    radsahana:paper bags r easy when we measure correctly.
    we need 4 measurements- front-F,back-B,sides-S,base-Bs.
    F=B,Bs length=length of F&B+1/2cm etc for sticking
    Bs breadth=as desired+1/2cm etc for sticking.
    while cutting do not cut sides separatly.measure F &B + 1/2 Bs bre+1/2 cm for sticking(on both sides).fold at the measured places & stick or pin or tape them together.find a good ribbon to pin for the handle(S)
    one more idea:idea-i used some good pages from my oriflame catalogue to stick on cereal box(cut into half)pin on 1or 2 ribbons as handles.
    i hope it helps u.

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi everyone,
    While for a walk yesterday I took a new route (which I have never gone on that street) and it was exciting. Doing new and different things can activate our brains.