Doing/Learning New Things Club

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by veen, Sep 5, 2009.

1. sangavil

sangavil New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am planning to learn tamil -writing and reading.actually we are tamilians but since i was born and brought up in Gujarat i never learnt tamil -to read and write and so thought of doing so now.I told my parents to buy a good book and send it over to me and they did it .So i kept it in the Saraswati puja day and have started to learn it.Wish me luck.That is my new thing i am doing.
    Lakshmi- hope that you reached bangalore safely.
    Vrinda and Vishy- hello
    Veen and Susri-nice to know you celebrated navaratri- i did too and kept gollu also and have posted it in the gollu 2009 post.
    Yamunasarna-i am also trying to bake without eggs thesedays and have tried using bananas and that come nice.I baked a dates cake with bananas and nuts for my twins 2nd birthday -just for friends and it came out nicely.Keep trying and it will be good.How is your finnish class going on?
    Shinara- nice to know you want to learn malayalam- as my parents were born and brought up in Kerala they know malayalam nicely and when i was working in India i had a big group and most of my friends were malayalam speaking -i used to speak that language too -not very good but understandable.All the best to you,.

Sudha

2. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi sangavi,
    i also started learning malayalam.... its going nicely...... am also tamilian.... if u have any doubts u can ask me....tk care...

3. swarna rao

swarna rao Bronze IL'ite

Hi today i tried mollie flowers.

4. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Hi All Club Membbers,

I am in the habbit of worrying unnecesserily. Today I didn't worry at all. It is a great achievement for me.

love

5. Laks13

Laks13 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am bit new to IL and just now came across this thread. Wow this gives me so much motivation to do new things :thumbsup.

I always think that I should learn something new atleast a bit daily. But I always just think, no action. But this thread is really motivating me a lot. I will start sharing what I did.

6. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

i am also having the same pblm..... Pls share ur ideas to get rid from it...i tried to listen musics,chating with frnds and many more... bt it can give only temporary relief.....

7. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

hi guys,
    a month back i browsed IL... Sorry icouldnt browse net.. was bit busy in marriage...
    For the first time went alone with my kid from Boston to Bangalore. Bit worried i would catch up the flight properly... Then wherever got stuck asked for guidance and tenali(fearful person) reached bangalore alone.
    I've also come back to boston and got rid of the fear totally...

love..
    lakshmi.

8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Very inspiring thread. I am learning flute and It was very hard to have
    control on the movement of fingers. By practising again and again
    I can play the sarali and jantai swaras.

9. gayathrisekar

gayathrisekar Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,
    very inspring thread. i always want to learn and do new things in life. i am playing to start learning music again, which i had to let go because of marriage. i am also planning to learn keyboard. hope to also start lose my weight in 3mths 10kgs. i have set the target, have to do it.

cheers
    gaya3

10. ruby1952003

ruby1952003 New IL'ite

hi Veen and all friends ,to day i went to hospital for my tests and then my frand daughter called me to knit a scarf for her now i am looking for yarn ,which i have in my store.:thumbsup