Doing/Learning New Things Club

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by veen, Sep 5, 2009.

1. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Nice Thread.
    I am learning a new language. I am in Finland with my husband for his work reasons and I am learning Finnish. And, I am enjoying every bit of it, because it is totally different language.
    Will keep posting in this thread, as I hate to be mechanical with a routine. Except for the daily chores, there is nothing I do as a routine.
    Will be back:)

Yamuna.

2. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi

yamusarna : Nice to know u r learning Finnish language. Learning a new language is a good idea. How did u do that? Somebody teaching you or thru net.

Susri : I am doing Origame today. Thank you!

Lakshmi... what's up new today?

take care
    veen

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Veen,
    Today I have down loaded some online text books for my DS. ( in our mothertongue, tamil, as he is not studying Tamil in his school ) Will teach him once he came from school.

Dear lakshmi, saha, vishy, yamusarna -- nice to know your new things .
    :hiya

4. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Veen, Sursi, Lakshmi, Yamuna and Saha

How are you guys? I spent the last two days with my friends and family... had loads of fun...:banana. though there is nothing new in this, I just wanted to share this with you guys....

Take care and have a nice week end.

Vishy

5. aarthilr

aarthilr New IL'ite

Hi all,

Really a great thread - inspiring people to do/learn new things.
    It gives you a lot of ideas to try out new things.

I learnt to use twitter 2-3 days back, Iam quite excited about it, getting new contacts and learning about others..

Thanks for starting such an optimistic thread.I wish you all the best.

Aarthi

6. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    today i wanted to be bit different and spent my time with nature. All alone... watching sun, clouds, trees. I felt that long time backi heard birds chirping.. hence spent some time in a less crowded area and was in full rejoice... before my daughter gets up.. Woke up early and went to harbour, sitting all alone... not much of crowd as it was 5.30a.m- reached home by 6.30a.m..

love..
    lakshmi.

7. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Thank you very much your support.

susri : Nice idea to teach your son your mother tongue.

vishy : Nice to know you had lot of friends.

aarthilr : Good to know you learnt to twitter. Tell me more about it. I would like to twitter too.

lakshmi : Nice that you r spending time with nature & yourself. Good idea too.

Me : Past few day me & my son both r not well. Not tried anything new. Currently into mission organisation at home.

Keep writing your new learning & ideas.

Take care
    veen

8. sangavil

sangavil New IL'ite

Hello everyone on this thread,
    Just found this site a month back -(i know it is a long time ) but am not finding time to browse the net for long as i have three kids-one boy-8yrs and two year old twin girls .But this topic i just saw and liked it.
    For me after coming to this country i have tried a few new things-like roller skating and recently ice skating- both i liked it and did quite well but the fear of breaking the bones at this age and then being dependent on others specially as i have small kids is very strong.But i liked it.Then i also learnt swimming here and then the quilting and other things new.
    Recently i have started trying new recipes and most of them are coming quite well.
    Sudha

9. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

This seems to be a very good idea Veen :thumbsup

Let me also join this...

Putting some technical stuff..pardon me.....I want to prepare a presentation on Servlets. Done with beginner stuff. But feeling lazy to kick start the advanced one. Let me try to start from tomorrow.

Request u friends to :bonk me If I dont complete it by next wednesday

10. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

sangavil : Sudha - I am happy you liked my thread. Nice to know u learnt lot of things like Skating, swimming etc... keep posting.

sowmyasridhar : Good to know u learning Servlets.

Me : I am into project Baking whole wheat Bread at Home. I have prepared the dough yesterday, today I am going to Bake it. :)

take care,

veen