Doggie - our special family member

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by navs23, Jun 13, 2010.

1. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Yes....Thats so common.

One of my friend came to stay at my home for 2 days. First she always used to scream like hell on seeing Bruno. :rotfl:rotfl

But soon she got so attached to bruno that she let him sleep on her lap.

2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Aruna,

I have watched Marley & Me and Eight Below every time they have shown on TV. I just love these movies also the entire Air Bud and Buddies series. I love watching any movie on animals (except those killer shark or snake ones)
    Did you find my thread on my family and Shona? If not its here

Vaidehi

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Whenever we cut down on the biscuit quota our doggie only goes to the neighbor's house. We have been trying to avoid giving biscuits(the ones we eat like marie etc) due to the fear that it might make him go deaf(not sure how far it's true, but been hearing it for quite some time now, maybe dog biscuits are ok???) and also telling our neighbors not to give any, but neighbors kids always end up giving more due since he loves it. So, these days we have ended up keeping him gated most of the time :hide: It does not hurt to give 1/2 to 1 biscuit but not more than that!
    If you want to stop it altogether, stop giving any for a few days, he will get used to it. Earlier, our doggie used to stand at the door every 2 hours for biscuits, we started ignoring him and only giving one or 2 in the morning, he soon got used to it and no longer stands at the door every 2 hours. Give it a try :thumbsup

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,
    Loved Marley and Me, what a great movie! If you get a chance, do read the book as well, a more detailed version of Marley's mischief :) Air Bud is really cute!!! I loved the movie Turner and Hooch as well(omg, what a naughty dog!!!!). Wonder how they make them really act for each scene. Would love to see 'behind the scenes' for such movies..So nice to see a thread for your dear doggie! Shona is such a unique sweet name :thumbsup

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

He looks like a toy(soft toy) doggie, like the one that can walk, turn around and bark on the battery, sooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Kanaka, so sorry to hear that Stephie is no more. It was great to hear about such a cute, playful, sensible doggie, thanks for posting!

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hey thank you so much for reading through our story. For her name we have n number of names. Everyone in the family calls her something else all the time like Dollu, Shona, Pillu, Babadi, Sweetu, Chiku, Thaku, Puppet (this was reserved for my youngest sis so far but now whenever dad says Puppet she is the one who responds and thinks it an intrusion if sis responds)

You can get the Behind the Scenes for Air Buddies on youtube. Its done by Graphic Artists. they have pixel to pixel pictures and do effects on computers and for those 5 puppies they had quite a few puppies for shooting.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

8. gkshyam

gkshyam Silver IL'ite

Oh wow.... I guess we must try that out now. And the problem is, that its not just 1/2 or 1 biscuit. Its anything between 2-4 biscuits on every visit of his to our home daily. And it is normally 3-4 visits per day...! :-( Probably we are over-feeding him then.... I guess we better try out your suggestion soon...! :coffee

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Aruna
    Thanks for the childhood photos of Bruno.He looks like a toy.Very very adorable.