Dog spaying and post care

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Mitraa15, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Mitraa15

Mitraa15 New IL'ite

This is my 1st post here, I'm planning to spay my female gsd next week. I have got 2 option. 1. Spaying in blue cross 2. Spaying in private clinic..

I just want to know which will be safe one for my girl. And what will be the cost for spaying in private clinic.

My main concern is, In blue cross, they have more dogs, if i do the spaying there, is there any chance for my girl to get infected?? My only pro on BC is, I guess BC will be well equipped and spaying will be very task for them. That's why I am thinking on spaying in bluecross.

And after spaying, 24*7 either myself or my mother will be with her, is there any other special care we need to take care?? Stitches will be painful??

More scared about surgery. Though she is a gsd, she is very soft by nature. I dont want any trouble..Please let me know how to start up with.

PS: 1st time dog owner. She is 22months old.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I can't tell you which place to use but I can tell you about after care. You need to prepare a place for her at your home that will keep her from running and jumping. Dogs often think they fell better than they do so you cannot go by how she is acting. Keep her confined for over one week. Watch to be sure she doesn't chew or over lick her incision. Give her plenty of water as soon as she can take it after coming out of anesthesia (water is important). She should be able to take a regular diet the next day.