1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does your kiddo spill the beans????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

One of the favourite ads of mine is the Alpeniebe one,in which the kid enacts the role of his father in various situations and also the one at home where he is washing clothes etc.Big Laugh It is so easy to laugh at something like that but when you personally face such situations in life ask me how it feels . Your so adorable darling not only has the capability to make you dance around their little finger but can also make you squirm with embarrasment in front of your friends and relatives.
    My kiddo recently treated me to one such delight .bonk
    We recently befriended a couple and they being a working couple would come everyday around 11.30 --- 12.00 in the night to meet us.
    Their such late night visits everyday was in a way hampering our schedule ,since we are early birds with a ton of responsibility. Despite putting it across to them in a very subtle manner they refused to do restrict their such visits.
    Ultimately one day we decided that we shall switch off the lights and pretend to be asleep by 11. At around 11.15 this couple turned up and kept ringing the bell.On seeing no response they left, and we were relieved
    The next morning while going to leave my kiddo to school , I met the couple on their way to office. "Hey, you'll had an early night"."Yeah were very tir..." but before I could finish my sweet lil kiddo spilt the beans in her very baby accent said,"Noooo Uncle ,Daddy told Mummy dont open the door when Vinay comes,They will ring the bell and go away if we do not open the door" She kept grinning as though she had been of great service. All my efforts of doing Kathakali with my eyes ,trying to stop her went in vain. I merely smiled at them and they looked astonished to say the least. Mumbling a bye I went away. Well since then atleast this couple has been visiting us at decent hours, but the ultra embarrasment I went thru ..:hide:.
    Have your kiddos spilt your beans ?, Do share the experience .Will definitely make for interesting reading.

Devika

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Devika, i couldnt control my laughter!! Smart Kid :) I'm yet to have a lil one.I like the advt. of Parrys refined sugar where the little girl will tell her mom's friend - "Amma solla sonnaga, avanga vetulla illanu" - Means, my mom asked me to tell that shes away from home :)
    Kids are so innocent and embarasing sometimes.

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Aishu,

Wait till you have your lil one then I will do all the laughing and you'll be busy hiding. hehehehehe..

Devika

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear devika,
    this happened when priya was very young i had a neighbour who always borrowed sugar from me, so one day the minute bell rang priya opened the door and said mom cheeni wali aunty has come...and she was surprised she asked what was it, for that priya herself gave her the reply, aunty aap ko sab samay cheeni ki zarroorat hai and jab bhi aap ko zarroorat hai aap yahan aathi hain, meaning when ever u need sugar u come over, and for this she said bathameez, and said pathetically haan sundri cheeni chahiye yaar, and priya dekha?/ what do i say, she gradually stopped asking for sugar..

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

I can imagine what you mustve been going thru at the time. Hehehe it is really funny.Par kya Kare.hum hi bachchon ko kehte hain ki sach bolo phir enki yeh masoom sachchai ko kaise roke.

But their innocent honesty sure puts us parents in a tight spot!

6. Girlfriend

Girlfriend New IL'ite

Hi Devika, sundari,

Really can not stop laughing with your experiences. I am yet to have little one. But, I have put my parents thought the same.

Cheers
    Parul

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Parul,

Good ,you had some moments of laughter:)).Now we shall wait to hear the other side of the story.Hehehe!!
    Devika