1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Your Husband Take Your Side Or Your Mil (his Mother)?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sweety2019, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

As the saying goes - Ignorance is bliss. Only if u clap with both hands do we hear a sound right. Well get sum ear-pods and listen to some music. Ultimately when they see u r neither responding nor getting agitated they will give up. Stand up for urself but do everyting with a smile on ur face 'sarcasm'. They get confused as they will hate to see u smiling and they are at wits end to understand what hit them. And join sum kick-boxing classes girl. Assume the 'punching bag' to be what u want it to b and then :boxing::boxing::boxing: all ur pent up emotions can be vented out right there :thumbup:

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

OP first few years of marriage is a challenging one to tackle in laws. They are new to you as much as you are new to them . It's challenging but I am sure you can sail through these times easily and it will take few years for both to get in sync with each other .

Few Generic tips which has worked for me I will tell because I don't know exact scenario and situation at your house.

1)Ignore what she does. As long as someone doesn't hurt you physically you shouldn't worry. Just their words,taunts ,partiality to son etc etc just ignore. Develop a thick skin .
    2) first of all giving much importance makes you worry right. ? Don't give any space in your head for their actions and words. As Sandy said above smile as much as you can but do what pleases you at the end of the day .
    3) keep your go-to friend ready to share about MIL. Like mom /sister / friend etc.
    4) do not consider her as your competition . If she is possessive about son let her be. Mom son relationship gets stronger with mom getting old and son concentrating on his lady. Keep a healthy relationship with hubby by not complaining to him about her. Men tend to get angry if something about moms are told. Keep him away .
    5)yes you will feel like treating her the way she treats you. But try not to do that. Let it be that you have that bigger heart to treat her well inspite of what she does.
    6) keep doing what you like to do. Eg : cooking/your hobbies . Ignore the criticisms.
    7) Ask her opinions during festivals, cooking tip and suggestions etc.
    8) appreciate what she cook. I hate sweets and hubby n in laws are sweet lovers. I don't enjoy their sugary stuff still I tell it's very tasty to make her feel good.

In a nutshell just make peace with self. No need to worry about what mil does . Be nice and formal to her. But stay away from getting too involved emotionally with her .

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

When there are no how-to manuals, and a girl is playing an away-game in a new place, she shouldn't complicate matters by having a baby too soon before she figures out a stable equilibrium condition in her new surroundings, and understands where she stands. It is tough to handle a MIL who keeps on "ngya... ngya... ngya" in your ears, when your hands are full of dirty nappies, and the baby is wailing away. We can multi-task, but it is best not to try that too often.

4. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Thats a million dollar tip to all the girls out there....and yaa unlike hubbies r bf's ur career wont wake up one fine day and say it doesnt love you anymore...so as long as ur independent no one can shake u and come what may never ever leave ur career for the honey coated words of ur hubby n in-laws....its just a sticky trap u'l never be able to get out from...

yellowmango and Sunshine04 like this.
  5. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

Mine completely supports me infront of his mom so she has no other choice other than respecting me.

6. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Oh trust me when I say I have not spared a wall, door or pillow in the room...punch them so hard with frustration.

Sandyr46 likes this.
  7. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Will keep in mind all your points. Thank you...
    [QUOTE="Anusha2917, post: 4139610, member: 480933" ] stay away from getting too involved emotionally with her[/QUOTE]
    May I did get too emotional attached to everything that happened..

8. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Very true..worked so hard on career..don't want to give it up right now..(maybe for a long time).. it does get hard managing both lives but come what may..need to keep it..

Sandyr46 likes this.
  9. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

That's really sweet and good..I'm really happy for you

SinghManisha likes this.
  10. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Cut that cird off ASAP....it will only sink u more....ignore n ignore and hold on to that career of urs real tight....n get attached to ur career....perhaps it will get u that much deserved hike soon :blush:

dhivyacc likes this.