1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Does your double chin make you look older ????

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies

The double chin is the fat deposits that sag down and creates a wrinkle. Women as they age tend to form double chin which makes them look older than their exact age.

You don't have to obese or overweight to have a double chin.

Lack of exercise and a bad posture also contribute to the double chin.

Double chin may be reduced by exercising and proper diet. I'll discuss some easy exercises to reduce the double chin in this thread.

1. Sit on the ground or stand straight, slowly tilt your head backwards looking at the ceiling, Drop the lower jaw . lift the lower jaw upwards, feeling the stretch on the front of the neck. Release slowly and then again lift the lower jaw upwards, feeling the stretch in the front of the neck. Repeat this exercise 20 - 30 times initially.

2. Sit on the ground or stand straight, pull the neck muscles in the front, and then release. Do this exercise repeatedly for 20 - 30 times initially.

3. Stand straight or sit on the ground, tilt your head in the front, your chin touching the chest.. Slowly tilt your head back as if looking at the ceiling. Repeat the exercise for about 20 - 30 times initially.

4. Open and close your mouth holding your teeth tight, stretch your bottom jaw, feel the neck and chin muscles stretch. Do this exercise for about 20 - 30 rounds initially.

5. Open your mouth very wide, push your lower jaw forward and upward at the same time, so that your bottom row teeth overlap the upper teeth. Stay for some time release, and then repeat the exercise for about 20 - 30 times.

Follow these exercises daily for about 10 days, slowly increase the count up to 50 times, you'll see people start notice the change in you.

Go ahead start right away.

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear mango

I am having double chin. I think this excercises may be useful to me. I will try. Thankyou for sharing

ganges

3. 4mangopeople

Hi Ganges

I'm sure the exercises will help in reducing the double chin. Please dear do not forget to post the result.

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Mango

I hv double chin. I will also start doing these exercises as guided by you. Will post results if I found a positive one:wink::2thumbsup:.

Also one more tip, pls. do not use hard or high pillows. Use only flat and soft or no pillows.

Best Regards
    Shanti

5. 4mangopeople

Hi shantisubra

Thanks for the tip. You added an important point there. Using double or hard pillows on regular basis is an added factor for the double chin. Thank you dear.

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

4MangoPeople, This excercise really works for me.I have been doing these excercises for the past 2 weeks and my hubby has already started noticing the difference(though I need to go a long way still).Thanks for sharing these excercises.

BTW,May I know the reason for choosing this ID of yours.In Tamil "for(four) Mango People" has an infamous meaning.

7. krithigat

krithigat Senior IL'ite

Thank you for sharing
    I have started doing this today

Jai sai ram