1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Unconditional love exists in Marriage??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Priya_Mommy, Jun 18, 2010.

1. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Don't know if it exists... can we love our spouses unconditionally even if they don't love us ?? I guess we can't . So its unfair to expect (again no expectations in unconditional love) someone to love us unconditionally . I feel its not completely..." you do this and i love you...if you don't I won't " ....there exists unconditional love upto some stage in some relationships...( mother-child , father-child , husband-wife) but yeah exceptions alwaaaays exists...Basically in this world we can't generalise anything. There might exist unconditional love....there might not too . [/JUSTIFY]

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

ASG & Visu,
    Thanks for responding. I love reading them too. But IMO, does it mean that a child molester can't be loved by his parents at all???No way, he can be a serial killer or a saint, unconditionally his parents will love him. Wrt extreme conditions, parents love will be above on all those conditions.
    Eg: poolan devi, veerappan, were they hated by their parents???

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Pavani,
    Marriage itself is linked with lot of commitments. So there are commitments, so no question of UNCONDITIONAL .

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I don't know about that. Would you still love your kid if he or she murdered your husband?

Personally, if my child grew up to be a Hitler, I don't think I could love them anymore. I would love the child I used to know, the one I remembered giving birth to and raising... but when somebody becomes a murderer or rapist or child molestor... they're not the same person to me anymore. And I think it's easy to say "a parent loves their child no matter what" when we have never been in an extreme situation. But some people have, and it seems some continue to love their child while others are completely disgusted by the evil they have become. I still believe everyone has their breaking point where they would say enough is enough.

Really, I don't know why we have to idolize parent's love as being the greatest thing on earth and describe it as limitless and endless etc etc. It is just love.. and like any type of love, can break with enough pressure.

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

ASG,
    He can't. I am sure, he will become a right citizen. Why can't we idolize parent's love as the greatest????Their love is eternal. Instead of God's presence, he made mother to play his role in child's birth and upbringing. Parents should be the pathermakers for their children. No parent will make child as a rapist or a child moolester,and definitely they will try their best to get out of him from those actions.
    Hope we are not getting out of context from the thread.

6. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Unconditional love between humans probably is rare. unconditional love exists between humans and their pets :) that too more from the pet ( i am only specifically talking about dogs here) side i think :rotfl

7. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

That is where we differ!

I don't think any religion has a zilch more than what I know about God (which by the way is a zilch!)

Though, I don't discount the importance of a religion in one's life. Being religious helps some people to get their life in order and gives them a purpose in life. That said, I don't subscribe to the idea that any religion truly has any words from God.

I also acknowledge I may be wrong, but hey what proof do you have to prove me wrong?!

8. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Priya_Mommy,

My neighbor's kid is getting nice beatings from his dad & mom now for not finishing the home work. It may sound silly. Sound slaps...I can hear the sound...The little one is crying for past one hour....and we talk about eternal parental love.... :rant

I actually doubt "Does Love exists in marriage?" after reading few threads here. Unconditional love is out of reach!

9. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

That is senseless. Sorry yet again for a digression.

We never studied or practiced everyday when we were 5 and also we didn't have as much pressure from school or from parents. We turned out independent and responsible adults. Also slapping a young child would make him shudder about studies and can make even an easy concept to take days to sink in (if not he develops an aversion altogether).

I am not a proponent of going oh so being good and easy with kids to the extent of spoiling them. I straighten my kid by changing my tone whenever required, but I know the moment I use my hand his focus will shift away from what is good for him towards fear or hatred of studies. Also once you start beating kids nothing else will work with him and that too only till certain age. In extreme cases like he doing something which can endanger his life, I may give him a tight slap to make him realize, but till date that situation never arose and he straightens up and complies the moment I change tone and show anger in my voice.

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Priya Mommy

I don't know whether we can show unconditional love to anyone without any conditions and expectations. Particularly it is very difficult between spouses, because our marriage it self begins with conditions. Like be truthful to each other, be humble, never ever cheat on our spouse. Though I love my DH so much, I wouldn't forget or fogive him if he cheats on me. Because I am so sensitive on this subject.

I think Parents - Children love is some way better ( or special) than the love of spouses (though there are so much exceptions). I realized this very recently after getting pregnant and having so much morning sickness.

My mom is an old woman with lots of physical/health issues... She is suffering from Thyroid, Osteoporosis, BP, and some stress issues after the sudden death of my dad (2 yrs back). She never cooks or works at home now and all the works are being taken cared by a maid for them. But when I went there with such pregnancy issue, my mom has become so healthy and running here and there to give me foods and drinks all the time. She cooks special foods for n number of times just to feed me something. She accompanies with me to doctors and taking care of me like a kid. I really don't know how she manages all with all her health issues, but mother's love is always a miracle na?????

Also I feel children's love (under the age of 5) is also something so special. I am carrying my first baby now, so yet to experience the real motherhood. But I know how a child love her mother or a care taker unconditionally.

There is a child (4 yr old), who lives closeby my momma's home. I used to take her to my home on a daily basis for the last couple of years and take care of her like my own kid. She too loves me so much and there is a very close bonding between us, though there is no blood relationship.

Just 2 days back, all my family members went to a family function, but I was not able to attend due to my sickness. This kid knew about this through her mom and wanted to stay with me (her intention was to protect and take care of me while I stay alone). She said she will come, but unfortunately she fell down from their stare case and got injured in her knees. And cried like hell, so her mom asked her to take rest and not to go to my home as she was struggling to walk by then.

But surprisingly, this kid came to me (still struggle to walk) and said she came just because she doesn't want to leave me alone in that home while I am sick. I was so melted by seeing her true love for me.