1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does This Happen To You Mom's!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i was catering to DD everything in bed and being at her beck and call.. who is in complete bed rest due to her ligament tear. The last two days being weekend DS was also at home..he was observing all this...he helped me (let me be honest) ..in the evening he was watching the cricket match and also playing online cricket...
    He called "Mom! Can I have a glass of water"
    I said "Why don't you serve yourself..."
    He retorted back "Ma, You have taught us that we should never say things like that when somebody asks water or food"
    the trap was laid for me...my own teachings coming back to me at the right time... to add more fuel he continued...

"Mom, do you know how much punyam it is to give water...see when Bhishma was thirsty, Arjuna brought ganga..to his deathbed..and Ganga came and you know who was Ganga.."
    I thought yeah i know She was his mother...so i had to ultimately take that glass of water....:frown:
    DS has a knack of serving back my teachings with additions to suit his requirement on a platform where i cannot say anything....:bang:bang
    Do you face this kind of situations...?????:confused:

2. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Very very familiar situation shanti. My daughter is of 7 years old and she uses this technique very often. I will not have anything to say. So many times they teaches us what we teach them. This back firing is always there. What to do? When it is correct we have to accept it.

Vidhi

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

I have very similar experience with my daughter. eventhough she is very small, going to be 4 in next May.. Now itself, she teaches me many things... Some times if I ask her to get me some thing she tells me she is very small and she may not be able to take that and give me...

I have told this to her many times, when she wants to lift some 5 kgs of rice packet or something which is very heavy.. Now she reciprocates that even when I ask her to pick up her toys and keep them in the bag...

Sometimes, it is funny, but at times, we may feel bad also...

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanti,
    This happens to me all the time with my older daughter saying that you ask me not to talk bad about my friends but you do when Iam discussing something that my colleague did with my hubby.I get angry, when she talks like that and tells me what to do. But in retrospect they will pick up the same habit so I refrain from talking or doing things that i do not like them to do.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi vidhi,

Good to know it happens to others also....yes we are focred to accept when they are right..

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi manju,

Welcome aboard. yeah sometimes, it is funny, sometimes we are proud they are smart..but there are times when we feel bad and also scared r we bringing them right????

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi janani...

You know what kids, have too sharp ears when it comes to listening discussions (that too ones they are not supposed to listen...) so it is better to avoid..in their presence...

for me the problem is that i have the habit of countering DS with stories from mahabaratha, ramayana and others..so now he give me a taste of my own medicines....

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi

Even i had the same situation shanthi.....dont want to say anything else..this will very often happens between k and me (even iwth my hubby).........my son and hubby they never take water by themselves everytime they want me to give them......in .whatever situation i may be.......and i used to shout at krishna....y cant u have yourself.......imm'ly he will say..the the same like vatsan.......but ofcourse he does not know about that arjuna story and all.........

And def'ly i will get irriatated if he continue this for everything...ni appadi dhaney solluvaey,ni appadi dhaney pannuvey etc........

latamurali

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi
    You must be this really nice person to to fetch water and anything else for someone watching t.v. Thats a big NO No in our house. My husband and I strongly feel that we will spoil the child so we are that way. The talking back happens very rarely but if the child is right then they are right. keep bloggin...

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Ha something happening everywhere!!!!
    This happens mostly when DH asks my daughter to do something, just because both the kids take advantage of him a lot and he too ignores it due to his love for them. And I have also left it for it should be one parent who is a bit stubborn and the other a bit linient.

She tells him I am small and I might spill the water, I might not close the tap properly etc etc all excuses which are very lame.