Does the Savior turns up when you call?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Visasri, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

At bedtime when sleep refuses to cling to me immediately, I come to IL and enjoy reading posts. When I was reading Dinny's post on NDE, I just thought of occasions where the Almighty, our savior turns up to help us out. I had experienced it myself and also heard from others.

There is an ITI in our neighborhood and all the teachers(only staff and no students) planned for a tour. When they had met on the day to start off, one among them seemed to be alerted during his prayer not to go. Fortunately, he went to send them off and came back only to hear that most of the teachers passed away in accident in a railway cross. I had been teaching the ITI owner's son and they too conveyed the same, which also came in newspaper.

My brother was a marketing executive earlier and hence had to move in bike to various places. Once he had stop suddenly because a car in front of him stopped all of a sudden as a boy crossed the road. Unfortunately, the car behind him could not stop instantly and hit his bike. Even the traffic constable thought negatively and rushed to see what happened to my brother. But, not even a scratch, but only his pants torn off from the stitches. Everyone was awestruck. He told us back home that all he could do was to pray to Baba, and someone was pushing him back on the seat of the bike, which is all against the gravitational pull.

Now mine, it was the tsunami time in Chennai, and I was an RJ in AIR, which was in Marina itself. I had a program the very day and went to AIR, to hear all the stuff cancelled. All the auto drivers were gone to help the police and the localites and none was available. You would have astonished to see the deserted ever busy roads. I had to walk a long distance to catch an auto and he too refused to take me a long distance. All the routes were diverted and there was latti charge started by the police near the beach, the only route we could have taken. All I could do was to reach home safe, and you could imagine all complications that would arrive at deserted place to a 20 yr old girl. Another 2 min, a bus emerged from nowhere and the auto driver was too glad to get rid of me. It seemed the bus driver was fussy about the changed routes and took a wrong route and ended up at the place instead of the next street. The exact difference of 2 min.

Do you have such miracles happened? Yes, all of us must have one. The savior comes to rescue, but I feel it is we fail to call him(or her if you prefer),earnestly.

3 people like this.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

miracles happen ,only we need eyes & open heart to see or feel them.the incidents you mentioned are big incidents but there are lots of miracle happening on ground level on small scale.

2 people like this.
  3. strangegirl

strangegirl Silver IL'ite

Several times in my life. Because I believe in God and he has been the only savior in my life so far.

Recently, my mom had a leg injury following an accident in our bathroom when my sister was there for her delivery.
    I went to their home on one of my weekends, casually though to meet my sister.

She said she still has 10 more days for the delivery, and no signs of pain till then. In case, mom could not walk by then, she had decided to call her MIL for helps. That particular day, their servant was also out for whatever the reasons.

As usual, I left mom's place at 10pm with my hubby to go to my home (3 hrs drive) in order to resume work the next day (Monday). There were some break down in the car, and hubby decided to take a bus instead of repairing the car at that time.
    We waited for a bus for almost 2 hrs, but all the buses were too crowed and fully booked, so no one stopped at us. Finally, we had to cancel our trip, and returned back to home to hear that my sister is down with severe pain, and they were almost ready to take her to the hospital.
    My mom was unable to walk, and her MIL was out of the town. The other woman in that home was the servant who was absent then.

My arrival was a pleasant shock for all of them, and finally her delivery ended in c-section, so I was fully with her till she recovers as a second mom. It was God's plan to cancel my trip to secure the little angel of my sister in my hands.

3 people like this.
  4. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Yes true but many of us fail to understand small things big things are easily noticeable
    And since I wrote this after reading the NDE thread, only such things came to my mind.

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

Visari,
    i am not belittling the big experience any of us faced but just trying to point out the small things which happenend & we didn't even realise that it is a miracle,like the day i wanted something sweet to eat but was too lazy to make something,my hubby arrived from office with a packet of gulabjamuns(we are expats so Indian sweets are not readily available)
    or the day when i wanted to go vegetable shopping in local market but the sky looked very cloudy.i prayed that there should be not rain till i come back & it started pouring as i was entering our gate.in my eyes these things are also miracles but rarely mentioned.

6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

God is present everywhere all the time. I agree with Pragati that most of us fail to see God's presence in everyday trivial matters.

I really cannot recollect any major instance but yes, I have faith in the Almighty and I know, in fact I believe that he will never make us fall.

1 person likes this.
  7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

No offense meant Pragati. Yes, it is too good to enjoy the miracles that are small. It makes life more sweet. I am happy that you mention these, I can recollect something like that. During my wedding it rained cats and dogs for a week. All my colleagues, friends, parents and ILs were worried because we expected 1500 to turn up and
    if it rained on the exact wedding date not even 200 would turn up. All my friends prayed for the rain to stop and parents and ILs too. Suddenly on that day, the rains stopped and it became too hot. At 11 AM, it rained for an hour. We were too bothered but the climate became moderate and no more it rained and the hall was full. Since then all these 4 yrs I am yet to see such heavy rains and cyclones.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yes, (S)He has so far.