1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does the Husband need to be Older than the Wife?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kAlyaniShAnti, May 23, 2010.

1. Ganymede

Ganymede New IL'ite

As for your first point, Do you have any medical research proof to back up your claim? and as far as the preference for older husband because of the maturity factor is concerned, I thought we all knew that the phrase 'mature guy' is an oxymoron :)

Personally, I too would prefer an older (not more than a year though) guy, but the only reason is that I've been socially conditioned to think this way. Not that I feel that an older guy is going to possess any sort of maturity, which a younger one can't.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. winner

winner New IL'ite

Hi KS

we are happily married for 7 yrs and my hubby is 3 yrs younger to me... i dont know the scientific facts but i always felt my hubby is matured than me and most of the times his suggestions or decisions were wiser and mature than me.. we both are equally qualified too...so basically love and understanding plays big role in wedding nothing else...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Rameshraju is totally wrong on the biology of the sexes...he needs to read some books before spouting off. I am not going to waste my time responding in detail to such nonsense.

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Winner,
    Thank you for your valuable time and comments here, that too for being a live and happy example for this matter.

I echo your realization. Mutual respect is the foundation and love and understanding are the pillars in a marriage.

Regards

5. kAlyaniShAnti

Maturity is a personal trait. Age may make one matured, but it does not mean that all men (or women) of a particular age group have similar levels of maturity.

I have seen many aged people behave utterly immature, whereas young ones are capable of handling their lives and decisions in a much balanced and matured way.

Thank you, Gany for visiting here.

6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

KS I came across this thread only today. One of my former coworkers is 7 years older than her husband and her husband reports to her at work.

I know another case where the lady is older by 3 years and the present trend is +1 or -1 and age difference is not more than 3 years.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  7. kAlyaniShAnti

Yes, Dear CW, we get to see such live examples around (though not many). I personally feel that it is NOT NEEDED that the H has to be older than the wife... But I believe the spouse have to have lots of guts and be very matured to get into such relationship.

8. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Certainly KS. Some of my friends are married this way and they are absolutely fine.

9. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I know few couples; wife is older than the husband and they are perfectly happy together.
    I think basically it depends on how they maintain/ manage their relationship. I have also heard of few marriages that ended up in divorce because the wife was much older than the husband and the husband started to stray with younger women.

I personally feel the husband should be older than the wife, atleast by 3 years.
    They would be well accepted by society without much fuss and weird looks.

10. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

I happen to read this thread only today. All the best to winner ! What a coincidence that I was reading about cougar relationship on the internet today itself. So thought would provide the link here for all others to read -
    Why It's Cool To Be a Cougar Couple - Essence.com