1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Does oral intake of neem leaves cause temporary infertility ?

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by ypujita, Oct 29, 2010.

1. ypujita

ypujita New IL'ite

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum .. I read on the net that neem oil etc when applied in the vagina acts as contraceptive . Similarly it causes temporary infertility in men also. Can anyone help me know if even oral intake of neem leaves causes this ? Actually i am trying to conceive .. i was taking fresh neem leaves orally as i have severe acne problem.. Even my husband takes this because he is diabetic.
    So plz let me know if this would be a hindrance for conceiving

Thanks in advance

Pujita

2. kiruarun

kiruarun New IL'ite

Hi , Im also trying to concieve. My grandma used to tell me always to take neem juice on day 3 with empty stomach which kills all the germs in the reproductive organs and helps in concieving that month itself. But I never listened. Last month I was diagnosed that i am affected with PID(pelvic inflammatory disease). In simple its infection in fallopian tubes. Logically neem fights back with bad bacteria. Was reading about neem and infertility. I am very much confused . In every page it was said that neem used as contraceptive. But my grandma says she had treated so many with neem leaves juice on 3rd day of the cycle and they had concieved. i am very confused. On the whole if at all taken orally as juice it would affect that month pregnancy only i guess..

Anyways im gonna try it in my next cycle on my 3rd day. will let u know after experimenting:thumbsup

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pujitha,

<label class="txtClrDef"> </label>
    [​IMG] to IL and Health Forum. Even i am not sure about the facts shared. But if you are trying to conceive then you both better avoid taking neem leaves. For acne, instead of consuming orally, you can grind it to a nice paste, adding haldi and appy externally. (Lacto calamine helps you get rid of this without scars. Its my personal experience. For heat boils, pimples etc. its very good. Just apply a dab on the affected area before you go to sleep. If applied in the intial stage its very effective within few hours).

For diabetes, instead of neem leaves, tell your DH to add karela, raddish in his food intake. Also swallowing whole methi seeds in the morning in the empty stomach / power methi, dissolve in water and drink / soak methi seeds overnight and morning have it with little buttermilk, will help in controlling diabetes.

Wish you both all the best. Baby dust to you [​IMG]

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi kiruarun,

[​IMG] to IL and Health Forum. You have decided to take a chance [​IMG] come back with your experience, If you succeed, it will clear the myth. Wish you All the best. Baby dust to you too.[​IMG]