1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Olive oil apllication cause dark complexion?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ArunaRSanthosh, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends

My DS is 1 year 7 months old, he was very fair but now within a couple of months slowly he is turning dark.I want to maintain his original colour. I am applying olive oil once a week and bath him with johnsons baby soap.
    Can I apply him olive oil daily before bathing or after applying i can use green gram powder instead of soap, please pour in your thoughts ladies to bring back him to his original colour.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna
    I have read that for some kids and people olive oil darkens skin... Stop using it and observe if it is olive oil thats behind his dark complexion

3. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

VJ

I have just now started applying olive oil to him within two weeks, I want to know how to bring back his original colour.

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I have heard that the skin colour of kids keeps changing. They go out and play. Even if they aren't in the sun directly, they will get tanned. As VJ has said, even I have heard that oil causes tanning. However, oil is very very healthy for the skin; reduces appearances of wrinkles and all. Don't stop using that.

Instead you could use milk to remove the tan. Take some warm milk, soak a slice of white bread in it. Use the bread like sponge to apply the milk to your toddler's body. Let the milk /bread stay for a little while until it dries. Then give him his shower. Do test doing this on his arm or so before applying to his entire body. I am saying this because my DD's skin broke out into rashes if I used bread. It has worked well for some other kids I know though.

G

5. Souza

Souza Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

May be olive oil doesnt suit your son's skin. I do use olive oil for my son but he seems to have no problem with that and is still the same very fair . Prior to using olive oil until he was 10 months old , my mom used to prepare this red oil at home, which is very good for small children. Infact, this red oil is the traditional oil used for massaging children since olden days. All i can say is that its prepared from the barks of the teak tree mixed in coconut oil. Incase u cant prepare at home u can readily get it in ayurvedic shops. Try it and wash it with gram powder.

Take care

6. umaalexander

umaalexander Gold IL'ite

hi
    defintely defintely,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    olive oil gives little dark complexion,i know surely but it gives shining to the skin
    dont use anything now for your DS except johnsons baby oil and cream that is more than enough
    if it is winter use besan powder for bathing instead of soap,,,,,,,,,,summer you can use that powder
    give bath 2 times and apply johnsons cream
    olive oil once in a month even you can apply to hair also it gives softness
    i experienced with my son when he was 1year...........
    if you want to know original color of your DS just see behind his ears ,that is the original
    color............

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I am not sure about Kids but for me it made me look dull. SO i stopped using. So now i use Almond oil. It works good for me. I use the same for DS(4 years)

8. Souza

Souza Bronze IL'ite

Once Hi,

Just forgot to mention that depending upon the climate of the place also oil reacts to our skin. I am from place were winter is super cool and summer is fire hot.But nights are cool. Over all climate here is good.