1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

does my son has wheat alergy?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ovivijay, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ovivijay

ovivijay New IL'ite

hi friends,

my son is 9 and half months old. i have been trying to feed him wheat products from 8th month. first i tried cerelac wheat . He was fine with that. after that i tried to give him roti (chappati) after soaking it in formula. He didnt have any problem for first 2 times. he has been vomitting from 3rd time. Now my question is does my son have wheat alergy. I dont see any rashes in his body. He is fine with cracked wheat dalia with vegetables.
    I thought he is having hard time to digest rotti. so i tried to give wheat porridge today morning again he vomitted. should i have to stop giving wheat products?
    Please ladies I need your advise.

thx

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    You can't say it an allergy. Stop all the items which causes him vomitting. Try to give him biscuits. May be the texture of food or taste is making him to vomit. You poted that he is fine with veg daliya with cracked wheat. So, vomit may be for some other reason.

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

ovivijay
    i see that your son didnt have problem the first 2 times he had chappati....the problem started with the 3rd time.
    I will say refer to a paed

4. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Ovi,

Please refer his pediatrician. Also, please check what brand of wheat you are using the third time against the first two times.. Some brands, you have to sieve the flour before use. Make sure you do it specially for kids.. But before all take an advice from the pediatrician..

5. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

i dont think its wheat allergy as he dint threw up the first two times. check if he is teething. It is better to check with pead if he vomits for more than 2 days.

6. ovivijay

ovivijay New IL'ite

Thanks for your advise ladies. next time i will sieve the flour before making rotti. i am still giving him craked wheet (after pressure cook with veg). i am planning to wait for few more weeks before trying rotti again.

7. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Allergies can start at any time. If he does not have any reaction to wheat for the first 2-3 times does not mean that he is not allergic to wheat. Food allergies are progressive.Consult your ped and do an allergy test, just to make sure he is not allergic. 9 and a half month old cannot tell if he is feeling something different in his tummy or throat. My daughter is allergic to wheat but she does not have any reaction to it when having it. Only when when we did allergic test for milk( she used to get rashes), it revealed that she is allergic to wheat also. May be he is having gluten intolerance. Just find out what is going on before giving wheat, as he is vomiting

1 person likes this.