Does My Salary Match Industry Standards??

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Divyasaravanan, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Divyasaravanan

Divyasaravanan Silver IL'ite

I recently switched jobs and I asked for a pay package which I felt was good enough. But I've been thinking about it for sometime, is my salary matching the current industry standards or am I earning low or good enough. I'm not sure I can discuss with any friends I know in person, So decided to turn in to my Indusladies friends.
    About me, I've around 15 years of experience, all in development related role. I switched jobs as a lead developer recently to a company, full time, remote position. I'm in Dallas fortworth area. I asked for base salary of 150k, which they immediately agreed to ( this only made me wonder if I asked for less ). This base salary along with usual corporate benefits like 401k etc and a bonus of min 5 to max 15% of base pay is my total compensation. And btw, my company sponsored my h1b.
    Any working ladies here, can you please shed some light on whether my compensation is good enough for my experience and for Texas standards?
    I know I should've asked this question before negotiating my salary. But I took a hasty decision while accepting this job since my previous two offers did not go well and my job search was dragging for a long time.

2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

honestly now a days it is a catchup game. I had interview with indeed and wells fargo. they were offering same. i did not get selected though. the range for senior leads is between 130k - 180k.

then i had a interview with a smaller company they offered 180k. another interview with a trading company, they were really high close to 270 but during tech brief, i knew i cannot handle. i said no.

my dh goes through self company route. bills high.

3. needawayout

needawayout Silver IL'ite

well, I have friends who work in Wipro and Infy and they seem to earn about 120K. Compared to that yours looks great. Of course companies range differs a lot.
    If they have sponsored h1, then even better. These friends also had h1 by company and they went from India to USA.
    Actually, I think you can go for coffee or lunch with a coworker and can talk about it. The company says not to discuss hikes and appraisal ratings but i think offer letter details are not restricted as far as I know.
    Some people might give you really blown up figures but know who is giving blind ideas and who is talking with market knowledge but atleast you will get a good idea.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Divyasaravanan

Divyasaravanan Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot lavani and needawayout! It kind of matches with my understanding too! Coffee with a co-worker is a nice idea too :)

5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite