1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Money Give You Happiness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 16, 2015.

1. lifeandevents

lifeandevents New IL'ite

Material things or anything external, gives only GRATIFCATION never HAPPINESS. Period

Happiness is state of mind not affected by external events or objects.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Agreed with u there. Too much money means too many hangerons around u, and u dont know who is yr friend for money or for u.

Butif u have a lot, at least be sane, and invest well, and dont get too greedy.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,
    Bad habits follow with so much money,Sy.
    yes i agree with u, but how many help eh ! Today Vinod kambli is down, tendulkar just ignores him, and did not even mention him when he thanked the whole world.

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

yes money is very important in life. Tendulkar does not talk to Kambli at all, two young friends from childhood.Well in that way the BCCI gives 25 thousand per month pension to all ex cricketers, so thatis not bad eh !

u are right that sustaining money is a different skill.but the money is so much ,even if they keep in the bank of interest, and do nothing, lakhs will pour in every month after taxes, which is more than enough in india.

Regards

kamal
    QUOTE=Viswamitra;3657484]Dear Kamalji,

A very nice post. My life taught me how important money is even though I was raised differently at the young age. We all learn this lesson one way or another at some stage in life. Some of the cricketers are highest tax payees in some years due to endorsement and cricket related revenues. I wish they have the heart to help their coaches and fellow cricketers. In the US, most players association has set up a fund to look after those players after certain age. If they loose all their windfall, they will at least have something to sustain their lives.

Earning money is a different skills than sustaining it and most fail in the second skill. For many, success gets to their head and venture into number of things and eventually losing all their fortune. I have seen too many of such cases in the US. For someone who have made wealth should know how to grow it and not even keep it in tact. That is the only way the lifestyle would remain the same.

Viswa[/QUOTE]

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Money does give happiness so i beleive.Well we are not to envy the money some people make. it is their good luck.

yes i agree, a big heart makes a lot of difference, for u know this much is enough the rest is not needed, soput it to good use .

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Agatha,

Yes at times like these, money is useless at times.But to ahve it is not bad.
    What he wanted, that is water, some food and biscuits, and electricity , these dont cost much, but make such a difference when u dont have them.

Yes i agree with u on the true happiness part.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Agreed with u. Welcome to my blogs.

Regards

kamal

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, I am quite convinced that money and peace of mind have an inverse relationship. No prizes for guessing which one I choose. :-D

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

if u give away money to a worthy, in this case, me, u will have peace of miond.Think that over.

HAHA

Regards

kamal

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    A thought provoking snippet.
    Money is not everything, but money is something very important. Beyond the basic needs, money helps us achieve our life's goals and supports — the things we care about most deeply — family, education, health care, charity, adventure and fun. It helps us get some of life's intangibles — freedom or independence, the opportunity to make the most of our skills and talents, the ability to choose our own course in life, financial security. With money, much good can be done and much unnecessary suffering avoided or eliminated.

Money can give us the time to appreciate the simple things in life more fully, but not the spirit of innocence and wonder necessary to do so. Money can give us the time to develop our gifts and talents, but not the courage and discipline to do so.
    Money can give us the power to make a difference in the lives of others, but not the desire to do so. It can give us the time to develop and nurture our relationships, but not the love and caring necessary to do so.

We always think if we just had a little bit more money, we'd be happier.But when we get there, we're not.Once you get basic human needs met, a lot more money doesn't make a lot more happiness.Happiness is ever a mirage.

Money can help us find more happiness, so long as we know just what we can and cannot expect from it.

How much money it costs is not the issue, but how much the money costs us is important.

Jayasala 42