1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does happiness need a reason?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 15, 2007.

1. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Happiness comes with contentment. For this we should know when to compare ourselves with the people who are above us and when with the lesser blessed souls. We do make comparisons but the other way round so we are always looking for greener pastures and overlook what we have on hand.

The day we start appreciating and thank the supreme soul for all that he has given us we will be the most happiest person and have a good nights sleep as well:wink: .

Try saying this every night before you go to bed:

Even though i have this ...................... I deeply and completely accept myself.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Roopaji,

I agree with u totally.We dont have to compare ourselves to others, and be thankful to the lord for what he has given us.How true.

thats the way i am,and i dont desire anything else.There is no end to desires these days.:-(

Thanks and regards.kamal

3. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Your post is very Good. Do U mean that contentment is the cause of
    happiness ? It is not the money .i do agree to some extent. Is your health and
    the health of your family members need not be considered ? U yourself told
    that your daughter in indonesia is happy and well off. That is one of the reasn
    for your contentment. What i mean is that you are attached to your daughters
    welfare. so man cannot satify with self only.then it cannot be called complete
    contentment.I wish to express your opinion about this post of minee.
    Sd/nischel

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nischel,

What i mean is,I wanted to give a party, and everyone wanted to know the reason.Cant i give a party with no reason ?Just to enjoy the company of my friends and loved ones,to be togehter ?

We can never be satisifed in life.Like the best car i have is the Maruti Baleno,which is good enought for me,but many would want to own a better car like a Skoda a Merc,and till they get it they are not happy.

I am always happy with what i have.I know my worth,and God has been kind enough to give me mopre than i am worth.

But many people think no end of themselves,if today what they are drawing is doubled tommorrow, still they feel i deserve more.That is the root cause of unhappiness today.

Maybe what holds true for me, may not be true for others,why not be happy with what we have,rather than always wishing for more and more like a glutton and never being happy.

I may be wrong, but my personal feeling is ,happiness is within,and not in material things, which get outdated very fast these days.

Thanks for taking the trouble to visiting my site.Regards.kamal