1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

does hair removal cream causes dark colouration?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by vinayaji, Jul 29, 2013.

1. vinayaji

vinayaji Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    I heard lots of times from my friends that hair removal creams causes dark skin. Is it true? does anybody experienced such thing? I hate waxing, my colour is fair ,so please ladies share your experiences!

thanks in advance!!

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

It does, if you dont massage the area immediately with some baby cream or moisturer cream

3. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

I am very fair. And whatever cream or moistriser u apply it will darken the skin over period of time

4. nailnice

nailnice Silver IL'ite

I'd like to know about this, too. I want to remove hair on arms and it's better to know more about this.
    does Johnson baby cream work on that?
    anyone who knows please share the experience with us. many thanks. :)

5. vinayaji

vinayaji Bronze IL'ite

I have used veet for 2 times,it's ok up to now but confused if it is really harmfull then better to stop it. Personally I don't think any moisturizer would change the effects caused by hair removal cream.
    Will like to know more from you ladies!
    Thanks

6. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

i used it only once, i dont remember the brand but it was meant of very sensitive skin and i still regret it. It left a patch no amount of healing could fix. I might be an exception to get such bad result. But i can never recommend hair removal to anybody.waxing might hurt initially but after 3-4 sitting it will be a cakewalk.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  7. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Yes skin does become a bit dark if using hair removing cream often specially underarms. With waxing the hair does not grow back faster, but with hair removeing cream, the hair growth is faster which means you have to use the cream more frequently.

Always use any mositurising cream after using a hair removal cream. I use Fem. Noticed that I have to leave it on for a shorter period ( a couple of minutes lesser) as compared to other brands.

8. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

i dont think any good quality creams will change the colour of our skin.Go for a branded one. But we have to do patch test before start using it. For that first apply a little on the back side of the palm and wait for few seconds, If no reaction is seen, then u can safely start using it

9. HairFreeBody

HairFreeBody New IL'ite

Many shop bought hair removal creams do often darkened skin with prolonged use due to the harsh chemicals they use.

The newer organic, all natural creams don't tend to have the same affect. Plus they provide a permanent solution to hair removal so you don't need to use them over the same prolonged lengths of time.

10. shreyas24

shreyas24 Junior IL'ite

Hi,

It extremely true, because if your going to use them continuously, it might be chance to get dark color on your skin wherever you apply lotions or creams. So try to take "Laser Hair Removal Reduction" for permanent solution.