1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does "hair Coloring" Lead To Gray Hair??kindly Clarify..

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anika987, Nov 18, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I used to do hair highlights once a year.Offlate I noticed I have many grey hairs..Is it coz of age (am 36) or does hair highlights lead to grey hair??kindly clarify

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It's age.

anika987 likes this.
  3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Hmm I want to say/believe it's a myth that coloring hair will get you grey hair soon.
    Coz I had crazy colors when I was in early teens for 3 years. The amount of bleaching for color pink is harsh. If I go by that standard I should have full grey hair by now.

If you haven't colored the root of the hair-- I think it's not with coloring your hair more frequently

It just might be coz you are a bit stressed, your age too, also try to eat much healthy food. I think these things add for the grey hair.

anika987 likes this.
  4. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I also have heard that. My mom had gray only towards her ears and she colors only that part. Interestingly, even now only that part is gray for her. My neighbor aunt who colored her complete hair even when she had gray here and there ( black dye, not the styling high lights) now has gone all gray.

I have decided to go salt and pepper, since currently its more pepper, less salt, lets see how I think when its the other way. I think once you start you will have to continue, just like the threading, I had beautiful eyebrow, I did threading coz all the friends did it, now with out threading, face looking horrible.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    anika987 likes this.
  5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

My hair dresser uses 'kenra' hair products, I do color my hair few times a year, subtle hair color with high lights. She deals with mainly Indian clients, she knows 'what suits better' for our skin color. I am 'coloring' hair for few decades, now. Over time, my hair became softer. Oh God, it used to be so frizzle, stood like match sticks.

It is heredity, and also how you maintain hair regularly.

anika987 likes this.