1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does everyone celebrate their marriage anniversary?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sreyavas, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

My DH one of the thickest bone in this world.. will feel hesitant to wish first or to gift anything. I left the 1st yr for him to take initiatives & then I realised either I need another husband or I need to make arrangements myself :idea.
    Then I'll book everything hotel/cab/ vacation/ movie tickets/ gifts etc etc... whatever finances I can't manage I tell him to pay up..

Atleast I ensure that I enjoy that day.. whether he feels the need or no.. cos I dont want to sit back & cry that I dint enjoy my life.
    Once I got busy into babysittings & hospital rounds, MIL traps I guess I lost a few celebrations but seems it'll resume soon.

2. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

We seldomly spend our memorable days together. Either I am out of the country or DH is busy with some other places on our main days such as birthdays, anniversaries, and other festivels.

But we never forget to share a gift and e mails (sometimes poems, notes, collection of previous love e mails, sms) to each other as a matter of priority.

I am extremely sensitive about these matters, whereas my DH does not bother at all. So, everytime, I take the initiatives, and remind him in advance about the dates to avoid unwanted disapointments.

Other than that, we go for vacations, movie, party, candle dinner, shoping etc... etc... whenever we are together in the name of special events. (Ex: If our wedding anniversary falls in Jan, and we won't be together during that time, then we plan celeberate it in Dec with all the fantacies, but gifts and e mails will be shared only on the actual date)

3. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Very nice thread..
    And its nice to read the experience and celebrations.
    We too celebrate our anniversaries... We would always spent time only with us, means only we both.We used exchange gifts that too surprise gifts...:), outing, dinner outside..

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread. We celebrate our marriage day and its only ours.
    Mine is a Luv cum arranged married so we even celebrate the day when he expressed his love to me, when I accepted, when we first went out. First year onwards we celebrated 100, 500,1000,1500 days and I am now nearing 1600 days and its a 31-Jan-2010. I am planning for a suprise gift no idea what he has in store for me. Last wedding anniversary was a big trip to Tamilnadu and the year prior was Mantralayam and once it was Goa. Its one day which I always wanted to make specia; :)

5. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies,:)

:2thumbsup:good to know that you all are celebrating your "special day" .

it is really nice way of expressing your love thru card, gifts, spending time together.

good decision shilpama and tanid by taking the initiative and making your husband realise the importance of special day.:rant

some men have starting trouble , so papa07 go ahead and take the intiative and show your love towards your hubbby and keep on doing until it works.

Radha dear you really celebrate your special day in a real "special way"

thank you all for sharing, Have lots of fun and enjoy.

take care
    sreya
    An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow.

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread.
    Its been over two years since we got married and first year we celebrated it privately. He booked a table for two in one of the fancy restaurants I always wanted to go but never did.
    Second wedding anniversary we called our SIL and BIL as they got married recently.

7. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

:wave ladies,

:yes: we celebrate our wedding anniversary every year by going out for lunch & dinner special , we buy a gift :gift which can be used by both of us on this special occassion.