1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does everyone celebrate their marriage anniversary?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sreyavas, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

Hello IL Ladies,

Marriage being the most beautiful turning point in girl's life .

I guess almost everyone likes to like to celebrate their marriage anniversary atleast in the beginning, present u a surprise gift on that special day of yours. and more etc.., But

Is someone out there whose hubby doesn't like to talk about it nor show any interest in celebrating it , forgets that special day in life .

open up and share your feelings ladies..,

cheers
    sreya.:thumbsup

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

sreya
    its just been 1 year we got married and 1 anniversary
    we dint celebrate this time as my dad expired just 18 days before our anniversary date so i really dint wanted to even listn to wishes or celebrate that day
    but i have seen my parents celebrating everyyear till last year very nicely
    but i also remember my friends husband who used to say its the day when he lost independance and he dont want to celebrate..:biglaugh

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

we planned to celebrate all the important days of our relation.so we always have this'met for 1st time time 'anniversary,then engagement anniversary followed by marriage anniversary.
    the 1st yr we celebrated our 1st mth,100 days,6 mths & anniversary.not with anyone but privately.
    the 5th one we celebrated by giving a grand party (my 2nd son was born just 6 days back that year).
    now our 7th anniversary is going to come this year.
    we were away from each other on our 4 th one .he sent me a card & a very lovely email letter which i got printed & still read it many a times.
    i sent him our sons photo plus a card.
    pragati

4. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Yes you should celebrate. Celebration is not always having parties or cutting cakes or giving gifts - JMO
    In our case we were not together for 1yr - visa waiting period.
    Also my FIL passed away soon after the wedding so I should say none of us were not even in the mood. Both of us wished eachother over phone.
    Later on every anniversary we wish eachother, go to temple, and have dinner in a resturant. On 24th we did havan at home. 25th is coming up soon and we haven't planned anything yet. But for a change hubby dear is saying he knows what he wants to buy for both us. Kids know but I am still clueless.:hide:

5. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Yes, we do celebrate. Our 2nd anniversary is coming up in Feb. For the first one, we had a romantic candle light dinner and exchange presents. In my opinion, it is always good to celebrate important occassions such as birthdays and anniversary. Although, it need not be pompous but something that will make you look back at the times gone by fondly:)

6. tanid

tanid New IL'ite

It will be nice to do something special with ur hubby....doesnt have to be fancy...just aknowledging it ...I wrote a few words for my hubby last year(our second anniversary and I was pregnant with our first baby...)....it was a few words which goes something like this...
    " It doesnt matter how two people fell in love and got married,
    what matters is How we they make the marriage work....."

cheers
    tani

7. papa07

papa07 New IL'ite

Hi ILS,

In my case,my hubby doesn't like celebrations. And no interest in celebrating birthday day,Valentines day,no gifts. He did't even wish for my first birthday after my marriage and he did't ask me to buy new dress for any of the occasions. Very bad. In fact i like all these. But i can't do anything. Any Suggessions to change my hubby. Plz reply for my post.

Thnks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  8. papa07

papa07 New IL'ite

My hubby is not interested in these special days.Feeling bad for that.

9. tanid

tanid New IL'ite

hi,
    i just wanted to add that most hubbies are usually not interested in celebrating stuff (its a women thing to get all senti etc) but usually after seeing our enthusiasm the guys join in too... When me and hubby first got married he didnt even bother to wish me on my birthday let alone gift me something.. 3 years on he saw how i take an effort for each birthday and anniversary and surprise him with day long gifts, cards, and other things that he is now surprising me with little gifts etc,,,,
    same with going out for dinner etc,. initially i would have to drag him. now its opposite.
    cheers
    tani

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  10. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Married for 15 years... the initial years we would celebrate all occasions by seeing a movie or play followed by having dinner in one of our fav restaurants. we have never had large gatherings as we consider these to be our special days. but nowadays with work pressure and school timings we always postpone the celebration dinner to a weekend.
    K