1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Dal Cause Constipation?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sgandiva, Mar 21, 2018.

1. sgandiva

sgandiva Senior IL'ite

My husband always told me that the milk we get here in US is pasteurized and we need not boil, but somehow I didn't agree and felt it could be the culprit for constipation. I am now convinced after posting my query here, Thank you all! Will definitely consider your valuable suggestions.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi! Just another thought.

By any chance, is your baby put off by the foul smell and so avoids passing stools?

A friend's kid used to do just that. His mother had to try several techniques including suppositories, castor oil lubrication of anus, diverting him in the toilet with songs and so on:) I used to make my son look out for shapes!!! Some days it would be a tortoise, snake, alphabets or even beads! This observation also indicated hydration levels! :tonguecrazy:

There is a quote, 'A child gives birth to a mother' & I would add, a child also brings out the creativity and smartness in a mother; in that sense the child Is also a teacher!

3. kss_v

kss_v New IL'ite

Which daal are you using? Moong or toor daal?